Recent Posts

Taushia G.
on 8/1/04 6:08 pm - Del Valle, TX
Topic: almost 2 years later...
& im still having incision issues. there is a spot @ the top & one @ the bottom that keep opening. when they close, it hurts. knots form underneath & the pressure is painfail until it opens again. sometimes i wonder will this go on forever & if it does is that a bigger problem besides it being annoying. anyway...other than that everything is great! heres some pictures.. http://usera.imagecave.com/MaCash/MVC-689S.JPG http://usera.imagecave.com/MaCash/ilikethispicture-copy.jpg
June S.
on 7/20/04 2:18 am - Pasadena, Tx
Topic: Cravings & Hunger
I had my surgery, VBG 9/16/02. I did very well until about six months ago. I crave sweets and have constant hunger. Some days I hold very little down except for ice cream. Other days I can eat just about everything. I'm back to trying diet aids and thought I would never need the assistance again. Since May I've gained 15 pounds and 2 inches in my waist and stomach. We bought a bowflex and I started working out 4X weekly. I'm terrified that I will end up where I was 20 months ago, 360 pounds. Currently I'm at 212 but it goes up and down. I start out with a few cups ofcoffee, then breakfast, eating Oatmeal or strawberries and non-fat yogurt. Lunch will be turkey or ham with cheese and crackers or a salad with low fat dressing. Dinner will consist of meat, vegs and a salad. I usually eat ice cream and wish I could stop. I also crave peanuts. My problem is I can get full but I'm hungry an hour after I eat. I've tried the water, 100 ounces a day but still get hungry. Sometimes I really think it's hunger because when I'm out shopping or doing something that keeps my mind off of food I can go hours without getting hungry. Again, I crave sweets and can't get enough of them. It seems I'm getting right back where I was. I never had the oppurtunity of receiving training on how to eat the right foods or what foods are right for you. I know the sweets are out but how do I get over the craving?
June S.
on 7/20/04 2:11 am - Pasadena, Tx
Topic: RE: Plateau since last September
I had my surgery, VBG 9/16/02. I did very well until about six months ago. I crave sweets and have constant hunger. Some days I hold very little down except for ice cream. Other days I can eat just about everything. I'm back to trying diet aids and thought I would never need the assistance again. Since May I've gained 15 pounds and 2 inches in my waist and stomach. We bought a bowflex and I started working out 4X weekly. I'm terrified that I will end up where I was 20 months ago, 360 pounds. Currently I'm at 212 but it goes up and down. I start out with a few cups ofcoffee, then breakfast, eating Oatmeal or strawberries and non-fat yogurt. Lunch will be turkey or ham with cheese and crackers or a salad with low fat dressing. Dinner will consist of meat, vegs and a salad. I usually eat ice cream and wish I could stop. I also crave peanuts. My problem is I can get full but I'm hungry an hour after I eat. I've tried the water, 100 ounces a day but still get hungry. Sometimes I really think it's hunger because when I'm out shopping or doing something that keeps my mind off of food I can go hours without getting hungry. Again, I crave sweets and can't get enough of them. It seems I'm getting right back where I was. I never had the oppurtunity of receiving training on how to eat the right foods or what foods are right for you. I know the sweets are out but how do I get over the craving?
Rhonda V.
on 6/29/04 1:27 am - LaPorte, IN
Topic: RE: Sept2002 Post Op
Jennifer: I have been with you since the beginning of your journey. I have read about your ups and downs and travelled that same road. My surgery was September 10, 2002. I have made goal and now struggle to maintain. It is not easy. It is no quick fix. We all know this. Continue on with the support group and try out the yahoo site as well. It sounds like a good place to go. You have, and continue to be, an inspiration for me. I wish you the best and continued success on the journey.
mary S.
on 6/28/04 12:36 am - columbus, OH
Topic: RE: Oo Oo That Smell?
Dee i notice my gas is real bad when i cheat and eat food i am not suppose to --like little bits of sugar(well maybe more than bits) and or the wrong carbs. and when i stop and only eat proteins and good carbs i don't have near the odor. Hope this helps.
mary S.
on 6/24/04 5:57 am - columbus, OH
Amy i had my open rny on 9/18/02 i am having the same problem i have been plateaued since 9months out and it is so depressing so i read your responses and will follow up with their suggestions although i feel ive done them i will try again. i started at 295 and am steady at 205-210. Mary
tim B.
on 5/5/04 4:44 am - clio, SC
Topic: melanie has went on too be with the lord!
melanie passed away this past friday april 30th!please pray for her family!
joanned1998
on 4/2/04 10:31 am - Farmington, NY
Thanks, I will try it!! I work closely with some people and good grief I could die some days...and just keep finding excuses to leave the room quickly! other times I go days and days without any gas....wish I could pinpoint what might be causing it, but so far can't.
lynnleeper
on 2/11/04 5:08 am - Huntsville, AL
There is a product called "Simply Digestion 2000" that I buy at GNC. It's to help me stay 'regular'. It has one ingredient that is supposed to be an Internal Deoderizer called Yucca Schidigera. And I must say, I do notice a difference when I take it on a daily basis. Good luck! Lynn 245/178/139 RNY 9/8/03
lynnleeper
on 2/11/04 5:04 am - Huntsville, AL
Amy, Have you talked with your surgeon or had any tests run? There are a lot of mechanical things that could have happened that you may wish to have ruled out. Some people have problems with their stoma stretching, or have a staple line disruption. Also blood tests to rule out any vitamin/nutrient deficiencies might be a good idea. There's also a mail list group on Yahoo that can be very helpful in these situations. It's called the grad list and is for folks who are at least a year post-op. Those of us who haven't 'graduated' yet can lurk and read but cannot post. There is a lot of great information on there. If you're interested, go to Yahoo groups and do a search on: Graduate-OSSG It's truly a great list/support group. Good luck, Lynn 245/178/139 RNY 9/8/03
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 531 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 631 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 511 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 483 views