Recent Posts

Diana W.
on 7/9/03 1:55 am - Minden, LA
Topic: So how are we doing?
Just wondering how all the September people are doing? I had my surgery on the 17th and so far I'm down 150 lbs. Life is SO different. Starting to struggle a little more now, and of close the weight loss is slowing down. So what does everyone do to stay motovated? Diana
Patricia C.
on 7/8/03 7:40 pm - Stroudsburg, PA
Topic: Protein supplements
Amy I know this is not the usual way to contact you but I could not find an email address for you and I do have protein that I would send to your friend but no info please email me at [email protected]
Kathy A.
on 7/6/03 12:31 pm - Bennington, VT
Topic: RE: Sept2002 Post Op
Hi Jennifer~ There is a whole support group of just September 2002 WLS patients. It's at Yahoo groups and is called WLS-September2002 . I think you'd really get a lot from this group, because we've all been there and at the same time as you! Kathy
Jennifer E.
on 6/28/03 8:18 am - St. Michael, MN
Topic: Sept2002 Post Op
Hi all I am a September 2002 postie. I have had a rough road with incredible stress worked into my journey. I am a stress eater and have just these past few months been able to address my weaknesses and finally make some great progress in changing them. Mind you I am learning late in the journey and my loss was slower in the beginning because of this. I have learned to beat the system and have found many ways to cheat. I was only cheating myself! So here I go, practically a new postie again this month. I had a very descouraging 9 month check up with the surgical nurse. She generalized the heck out of me. She even said she didn't think I would make my goal - I'll be danged if I will let that happen!!! And I'll be danged if she will get the satisfaction of seeing me do it now! I will follow up with my PCP as I have been doing anyway. I will be looking to this site for more and more support. This is where /I should have been from the beginning! Thanks to all - I am in my mind just starting out again - I need a fresh start - I will be going to liquid for a week to try to shrink my pouch - I have heard this helps. Lord knows it will be harder this time as I CAN eat normally now. I can do this I only have 47# to go -
Peggy G.
on 6/19/03 12:28 am - Lake Wales, FL
Topic: RE: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Hi Eric, I have just recently subscribed to the magazine. I can't wait for my copy to arrive. Thanks for making a magazine like this available, it is definetely a worthy cause. Wls buddy, Peggy Green
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 531 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 631 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 511 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 483 views