I bought a bike & my weekend activities.

Paula Hep
on 4/22/07 1:19 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
I've been a bit jealous of my husband and two kids of late because they all had bikes and were taking bike rides and I wanted to go too...SO...I went out on Friday and bought myself a good ole Schwinn perfect for me! Got a helmet, too, don't worry! We went (as a family) on Friday for a long ride around our neighborhood (about 2 miles) and it felt SO good! Though my butt cheeks are sore from not riding in years, I went again with the kids yesterday...It gave me SO much energy. So much in fact, that I finished laying down the mulch in my flower beds and then took the kids shopping for 4 hours and came home and made dinner! We also went to Mystic (CT) to the old whaling Seaport (that's set up like an old whaling village with the old ships, etc.) and walked all afternoon. What a great place. Our public library has a family pass that gets you in for free. You just check it out with your library card...we saved 60 bucks! A lot of people don't know that their public library has these passes...and usually they are free admission or greatly reduced price for admission. Check it out. Usually for your area's attractions. Best kept secret around! I'm just taking a break right not as Bob and I are ripping apart the fence that goes around our hottub for it's been wind blown for 6 years and is very wobbly. We need to sure it up, power wa**** and stain it so that it looks better for a potential buyer. It feels so much better to be active than to sit idle..I've found. WOW...never thought I'd say that! Hope you all are having a great time in the great weather. I know the sun is what I need for my vitamin D deficiency! FINALLY SUN! Paula
linda D.
on 4/22/07 2:02 am - Holbrook, NY
YOU GO GIRL!!! I was just telling my g/f that I want to get myself a bike and start riding - I'll ride one day and then walk the opposite day...maybe just maybe that will help my legs - I seem to have lost all the fat on my body with the exception of my thighs and calves - I have found the same thing...the more I move around the more I want to and can move around...I went out yesterday afternoon with 2 friends and walked 3 miles - then this morning I woke up and walked over 5 miles!!! Now I'm headed out to my yard to move some belgian block that has been piled up out there for years and I am FINALLY going to use...I am going to build a flowerbed along the fence and if I think I can pull it off on my own I may just make a walkway on my front lawn lined with them (yes there are HUNDREDS of them out there) I'm so glad that you're doing well with the house and now that the warmer weather is here we should all get out and move around... Talk soon! Linda
jacjac
on 4/23/07 3:45 pm - apo, ae, NY
Paula, Thanks!! I was looking at a bike this weekend and didn't buy it but your post was a great reminder that yes, I can ride a bike (I run 4 miles a day surely I can ride a bike?) Anyway, I am going to go to the store and get the bike and a helmet and start riding it. I live in Germany currently and the weather has been unusually nice and it would be nice to go for a nice bike ride on the weekends or after work!! You are an inspiration. Best of luck with the house and moving thing. I hate to move: So much work. I am lucky the the US govt moved me here and I did nothing!! Take care, jacqueline
Blackthorne
on 5/28/07 3:42 pm - Alpharetta, GA
I got my bike fixed about a month ago, but haven't ridden as much as I'd like because of the weather here. Seems like all of the beautiful days are the ones I'm stuck at work doing OT. I've been sitting out in the sun trying to get 30min a day of exposure, and I'm actually getting some tan lines. I *never* have tan lines - I have that porcelain complexion that was ever so popular about 200 years ago, so the first time I realized I had them, I was so excited. "LOOOK - I have tan lines" (as I'm pointing out to people where my skin goes from snow-white to off-white.) --BT
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 577 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 674 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 883 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 905 views