Lets get this forum moving !

Ready4 AChange
on 8/26/07 12:00 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Hi, Everybody Just figured I'd try to get some "action" going on this forum. It is almost two years out. I feel good , haven't lost as much as some of you good people but I'm happy. At support Wed night the coordinator said that "your body kind of sets it's own weight" Guess mine decided that it didn't want to see "Onderland" so I'm stuck at 220. No matter what I do. More exercise, less food. She did suggest I try the two shakes and sensible meal thing for a while and see what happens then. I know I'm not getting in as much protein as I probably could so I'm gonna try to up it and see what happens.... Sooooooo! Hope everybody is doing well Sandy
emmyjmommy
on 8/26/07 11:50 pm - Montgomery, AL
Hey Sandy! I have to admit that my wheelpower has gone into low power over the last few months...my appetite is not really around, except for snacking...I am staying icky feeling and am seeing my surgeon and trying some meds to figure out what is going on. I need to up my exercise and get back to some serious protein intake (my hair has actually started falling out again). I'd love to say that I am re-motivated to get under 200, but right now, I'm just plain pooped! If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Until then...I'll be around!! ~~em
kellyp
on 8/27/07 3:59 am - Brookfield, MO
Hi Sandy and Em, It's good to see somebody besides me is feeling re-motivated. I have been really, really upset with myself for not behaving eat-wise. I am stuck tottering between 220# & 230 and it's crazy and self-sabotage. Apparently I have a problem getting thin... For about a week LAST year, I was down to 216 and I think it scared me or something. I do the snacking thing too, since a fuller regular "meal" makes me feel yucky. It's just a little bit of this and that, but's it's all day long. I know that protein shakes are awesome and drink them in spurts but you know how it goes, consistency and all that...not my strong point. I find alot of good advice on yahoo protein shake perverts and on the graduates boards, excellent stuff, but to do it on a regular basis is another story. HOWEVER, with all that self-deprecating stuff said , let's do this. Let's all vow to get below 200#. I haven't peeked at your stats yet, Em, how far do you have to go? Today, I had sausage, a chicken salad & a protein drink. When I "diet", I tell ya, I feel more compulsive than when I'm NOT dieting. I think of my next meal, what should it be, ect. Silly huh? So, for me, unsweetened drinks and protein are my main objects. See, chips & bread, potatoes, are not a problem at all. BUT sugar has a spell on me I intend on breaking. lol I feel sooo much better than I used to, but now I am working at a Casey's store, which is a big change from a rather sedentary private care job I've had for a long time. My legs, arches and back hurt often, but I know it's good for me. So, by the time I get home or am off work, I do not feel an urge to get up and exercise... You know, it's fall practically and I'm ready. Before you know it though, the holidays will be upon us. Christmas is only 18 weeks away. That's my favorite time of year and I'd sure love to feel great and look it too! You guys, I've been rambling, but glad to see a few comrads feeling the way I do. I'll be brave and post on this thread if you do. Maybe we can help each other out, hold each other up. I'm always available for you. Take care, Kelly
Musicmama88
on 8/27/07 7:37 am - Danville, IN
Glad I saw this post! Im almost 2 years, and have been stuck at the same weight, give or take a few pounds , for almost a year. I got to 191, and that was the lowest, from 325. I started snacking,,grazing,,and eating sweets, and got back up to 200.8!! That was a wake up call for me, I went right back to basics. Protein first, and water water water, and now Ive started walking again. I started using fitday to keep track too,,and after a couple weeks I have lost 6 pounds, was back to 194 yesterday. So Im encouraged. I never had a goal weight, but my doc told me I may stop at around 190. He was right, but now I wanna see if I can hit 175. I have been dreading the holidays too, because of all the banquets and parties and get togethers,,,dont wanna gain . Im wearing a size 14-16, and a couple of 12's, but would really like to be in a firm 12-14. So a few pounds should do that. Ive upped the protein a lot and it seems to be helping the hunger and stopping the cravings. And at night I drink SF hot chocolate with a scoop of protein powder in it before bed. Its good to know the pouch still works! I guess we just gotta work it! Blessings Betsy
Heather H.
on 8/27/07 11:47 am - Northern, CA
hey girls!! Can't believe it's been almost 2 years. Seems just like the other day. I have been at 135-up to 145 down to 140 over the last 6 months or more. I am barely 5' ft tall tho. I wear a about a size 10 average. I don't do any regular excercise. I am really active and on the go. But, no rocket climbing, hiking or marathon running either. Just getting groceries, walking or taking the stairs etc. Food wise, I eat just about every three hours. Some people call it snacking. I call it maintaining. I don't get hungry much unless I have too many carbs. I still try to have my protein first but can eat almost anything. I don't do sweets. At all. If it has splenda I am cool and might try some but I just can't do it. It makes me feel terrible so I stopped trying months ago...Before sugery I preferred salty to sweet anyway. Lucky me. I force myself to drink water and take my vitamins but not perfect at that either. Just want to be normal and not always worried about what I eat or taking my vitamins but that is the reality~ we can't or we risk being unhealthy and that is scary to me after all we have been through. ~ Nice to see all of you~ keep it up!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views