Ali is here !

shelt
on 8/30/07 9:22 pm - Neer Lake Erie, PA
Pics on profile I went from 285.4 pre pregnancy to 168 this morning Sunday morning at 4:30 I woke up having contractions at 12 min apart , not strong but much more noticable . I sat and had tea and relaxed and as usual they stopped again after 4 hours. I didn't feel well Sunday , kind of fluish so I decided to stay in bed most of the day.My back and hips hurt anyway from overduing it Saturday. At 8:15 pm I had a really sharp crampy feeling and when I went to get out of bed I had this very weird sensation of peeing myself. Hubby got me a towel to set up on just in case and when I made the effort to sit up to go potty , the towel(Big bath towel) was soaked, and I leaked all the way to the potty thank goodness for more towels...lol I called the midwife and she said head in and we will get things rolling, we left and went to L&D I got checked and was still at 80% effaced and 1 cm dialated, she said thats normal till after the water breaks and relax. 4 am they checked again and I was still the same , she said well we have 24 hours to get the baby out so no change by 5:30 and start Pitocin, contractions were 6 min apart and still no change so at 5:30 they started the drip, she said by 9 or 10 there should be a very nice change going on. Okay fast forward past the boring all day wait...3 pm contractions are 4 min apart and painful enough I can barley breath or so I thought, they said we will check and if your at 4 we can give you an epi and help with the pain so you can relax for the other 1/2 of this, by this time I was ready to change my mind about no needles in my back...hehe Ready for this...STILL at 80% and 1 dialated at -2 WTF!!! and the the pit was already up to 64 so they turn it up again and say we will check again in 2 hours but I can have a shot for pain until later. I got the shot and things go from bad to worse 15 min after the shot I zone out and remeber almost nothing why? because my heartrate became erratic , my bp started dropping , my body started shaking but at 5 when they check me I am finally at 80% 4-5 dialated and still -2 but i'm dialating..g thanx! At 6 pm they called in a cartiologist because my heartrate is 30, my BP was 70 over 50 something, I have no memory of him even being there , when he did the recheck and update the next day I looked at my hubby kinda weird and he said thats the cartiologist and said uhm ok if you say so. At 6 pm they informed my hubby I had till 7 to deliver or they were doing and emergancy c-cection so the cartiologist can do what he needs to do to check out whats wrong with my heart and things messing up , because of the problems I was not allowed to have epi because it would relax my system to much...What , no more pain meds..I'm doing this natural? all natural? Uhm remember the part where I changed my mind?? At 6:30 I start informing the midwife to leave me alone I can't do this anymore, I can't focus past the pain and I give up because the pitocin isn't working anyway I didn't want anyone neer me or touching me ot talking to me I wanted to be alone. At 6:55 I got this realy shap burning contraction that felt like my body was about to explode and as soon as it stoped it started again, It took over my whole body head to toe, I was crying and shaking and about to puke if i could just breath anytime soon, she said roll on your back we will check you. I told her......No I told you I'm done I'm not doing this anymore I don't have any energy left and labor is not working anyway , so she got one leg a nurse got the other and I was on my back...lol She wateched during the next contraction and she said well mom you can push now the head is trying to crown. I said you mean push for real non of that half push but not realy push crap? and she said yes real push , we arebout to have that baby She informed me at 7 I could push and 6 pushed later at 7:11 pm Ali was born, the moment she was born all my vitals returned to normal and I was fine They figured because the labor as so long and hard that she was pressed on the vina cava too long and that is why the bloodflow was messed up and things were out of wack. Not aware of how bad things did get for me when they nurse came in to check on my at 8 I asked her if I could get up and take a shower She asked me if I was nuts after what happened during delivery and said she would be right back and left Hubby said sweety we need to talk and told me all that went on.I told him yeah okay but i still want a shower I feel gross...lol Will I ever do this again? OH HELL NO!!! Was it worth it? EVERY scary ,painful frustrating make want to give up moment of it !!! I now have at home the miricle I was told for 20 years would never be possible, and the husband who stayed by my side from the time my water broke untill the time we came home from the hospital yesterday. I am so very blessed. Shel
donnafc
on 8/31/07 4:42 am - Lowell, MA
Oh Shel she is beautiful it seems like we were just calling her bean.... My best friend is due Oct. 14th but they are talking about taking her some time next week. Friend has gestational diabetes. Looking at pictures of Ali is making me get a weepy. My BF's babys name is Abbi..... When I had my 2nd one, we were in labor for a very short time. I went from 5cm to delivery in minutes..... enjoy her to the fullest it is the best thing that can happen to a person. d...
barbie12
on 9/6/07 8:40 pm - OH
RNY on 09/21/05 with
Shel, I cant find the pic. Congrats to you. Best wishes Barb
Ready4 AChange
on 8/31/07 2:03 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Congratulations Mom and Dad Give yourself a few weeks, months you will not even remember what the pain was like. I myself did "natural" with my last two. The more you have the easier it gets.... I had four and love each of them...sometimes what to choke them but that's kids for you. Get some rest there are alot of 2 a.m feedings your in for. Sandy
Tanya L
on 9/1/07 3:29 am - Carpinteria, CA
SO GLAD you and baby are fine!!! CONGRATS sweetie!!
Autumn's Mom
on 9/5/07 6:31 am - Fairport, NY
she is soooo beautiful. congratulations to u and ur hubby. Micha
Stacy H.
on 9/5/07 8:38 am - Cumberland, IN
Oh she is beautiful, congrats Shel!!!!!!!!
Paula Hep
on 9/5/07 9:26 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
Congrats, Shel!!! What a wonderful, but scary story. It's amazing how mother nature just rights itself after such a traumtic experience. I'm glad that Mommy and daughter (and daddy too) are home and doing well! Keep us posted with pix! Paula
Paula Hep
on 9/5/07 9:28 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
How much did she weigh, and how long was she? She's absolutely beautifuL! paula
TracyGirl
on 9/8/07 12:43 am - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome! Enjoy every little minute...she will grow so fast...enjoy it all. My little "bean" is now 8 and half Tracy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views