** OT *** MY DOGS ***

Tanya L
on 9/6/07 12:09 am - Carpinteria, CA
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dog that is 7 years old Lab mix, female, housetrained 75 lbs, spayed, indoor dog, all shots including kennel cough, giardia, lyme etc, I have all RECORDS, she is fawn colored and on my profile. VERY SWEET, does not bark, unless someone comes to the front door. I have another dog, male, 3 years old, his name is OSO, neutered, indoor dog,housetrained 68 lbs, Lab/catahoula mix, all shots including kennel cough, giardia, lyme etc, I have all RECORDS, he is redish brown with black marking, and black nails, BEAUTIFUL animal, VERY PROTECTIVE... He does not bark hardly at all. He will talk to you when you come home... YES, I said talk.. that's what I call it, kinda like a new puppy whine, always made me feel wanted when I got home... I LOVE THESE DOGS WITH ALL MY HEART........ I wish I could keep them but I can't. I just got divorced, and had to move. I am faced with a hard decision of putting them to sleep at this point. There are not rooms at the no kill shelters. I have been searching for WEEKS, and PETFINDER & CRAIGSLIST, only provided one person, who only wanted one. When I went to give him up, my EX said he would keep them, after he changed his mind and said he couldn't, the lady had already found another dog........................... PLEASE HELP ME........... I have to leave today... no later than tommorrow...................... I am traveling in UHAUL from TX to CA, I am living in my mom's house & she has 2 dogs, and cant help me. It tears me up........................
jennifer_r
on 9/6/07 1:23 am - hope mills, NC
that is so sad tanya... i know on weekends petsmart has a thing where they adopt dogs maybe you can go and see if you can try to find them homes there..or put a flyer up at a petsmart or somewhere like that. Maybe your ex will take them until a home comes through with that way...who knows..he cant be that cold to let the poor puppies be put to death. i had to find a home for a dog because of a move and i did sit out side the petsmart i found her a home in less than an hour and half. I know you probably have lots to do..but the flyer might be a good idea in one of those stores because animal lovers go in there and always are trying to help animals in need i know i am...i always take on strays and find them homes..but i live in North Carolina..if i did live closer i would definately try to help you... good luck jennifer r
Tanya L
on 9/6/07 11:36 pm - Carpinteria, CA
that is what I was going to do if I didnt find anyone, sit outside, but becasue one dog is protective I was concerned.. THANK GOD an OH member took BOTH of them!
barbie12
on 9/6/07 8:31 pm - OH
RNY on 09/21/05 with
had to take mine to the animal shelter. They found both a home. Because people was looking for small dogs. and there was a older lady in there and she wanted both. They told her they had to contact the people on list first. I called and they told me they do not put a healthy dog to sleep they find them homes. and my dogs would be put in a good home. It cost $25.00 per dog. I cant believe they would kill the dogs. Best wishes Barb
Tanya L
on 9/6/07 11:35 pm - Carpinteria, CA
GOOD NEWS BARB!! A OH member took BOTH of my dogs... I dropped them off yesterday. I had to drive almost 2.5 hours one way, but it was worth it, to SEE where they were going to live and take video for my kids. SHe has 3 kids around ages of mine and 2 step that come sometimes. The shelters here didnt have any room for my dogs, and they will put dogs to sleep also for health or temperment problems, and my Lab has hip dsyplasia, and Oso he is PROTECTIVE, and unless I introduce him he can be aggressive. He did pretty well last night(Oso), except when the 4 years old tried to come at him quickly in front, he jumped to play with him, and it spooked the child, but the family said it was alright, he will be fine... OI am saddened to have to give them up, but at least I found a family that will love them..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 575 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 671 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 881 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 902 views