I guess the honeymoon is over !

Ready4 AChange
on 9/23/07 12:03 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Its almost two years for most of us ( me the 28th) and I still get on the scale at least once a day. I am happy for this new " life" but I know I could have done better. I didn't exercise as much as I should have... I am down over a hundred pounds which I never would have been able to do without this surgery. I feel good , I can keep up with my grandson when we go for our walks. I don't have to head for the 3/4 X ladies clothes to find something to wear ( even though I still go there my mind hasn't straightened up yet ) Is there anyone else out there that is thinking this way ? Or is it just me ? I have always had an excuse , " It's too hot" " It's too cold" " My back hurts" I guess I'm going to have to " WORK" now. Get myself back on track and get more exercise into my day. I'm starting to gain...not much but every little bit will add up to alot eventually. How about you ? And by the way HAPPY SURGIVERSARY EVERYBODY ! Sandy
koukla
on 9/24/07 12:20 pm - a city, CT
Oh my God, you look fabulous. I didn't reconize you. I had to go to your profile and go thru your pictures. You look great. This surgery is so amazing. I do find I could eat more so I do try to keep up on my excerising. It's hard. Some days I can't find the time. But we could keep doing this. Good luck to you. Koukla
Ready4 AChange
on 9/25/07 11:59 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Thank You. Most of my exercise is walking with my grandson while he rides his 4 wheeler and in a couple of months watching my grand daughter when my daughter goes back to work. I feel good . Hubby and I are going on a cruise in Oct for my birthday so I'm gonna check out the gym onboard...
koukla
on 9/25/07 12:15 pm - a city, CT
my birthday is in october too! so we have two month dates together. Our surgery and our birthday. My birthday is Oct. 9th. the year was 1953 What a great birthday present. Enjoy the cruise. Koukla
Ready4 AChange
on 9/28/07 12:01 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Mine is 14 th and I'm a 53 baby also ! Sandy
Musicmama88
on 10/24/07 7:24 am - Danville, IN
Just saw your post...You can reset your pouch and start losing again,,I did it this week,,and now Im back to very little appetite and small amounts saatisfy,,also all cravings are gone. I lost 2 pounds the first day. Its called the five day pouch test..and several of us are trying it on the grads board, Check it out. Blessings Betsy
stephie
on 11/29/07 12:07 pm - Valencia, CA
My anniversary was Sept 21st! I understand your still looking at 3-4 x clothing! I still go to the "Women's Department" in Walmart, etc. I even had an arguement with the clerk at Sears about a year ago. I was trying on a size 8 and it was too big. I told the girl that it was an 18, and too big, and needed maybe a 10. She insisted it was an 8, and I needed a 6! "NO WAY!" I said! and proceeded to argue with her! How embarassing! As for the exercise, I hear you on that one too. I've been trying to walk for an hour while my son is at football practice, but always think of an excuse, too, and I live in California, so weather is good most of the time. We went on a cruise, too, and was still too embarassed to wear a bathing suit in public, but did wear shorts. Anyway, just know you aren't alone. I guess this is a lifelong struggle, but a much healthier and happier one than before! Blessings! Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views