My 2 Year Anniversary!

Leslie D.
on 10/2/07 1:24 am - Tucson, AZ
Wow... I can't believe it's been only 2 years. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was an overweight, huffing & puffing, unhappy person with high blood pressure who was pre-diabetic. I have not posted here since signing up 2 years ago, but when I got my Happy Anniversary email from OH, saying they needed input from people who are 2+ years out, I felt I could contribute. In the past 2 years, I have lost 130 pounds. I am now a size 6!!! And I weigh in the 1-teens!!! I was 119 pounds as of yesterday morning. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO. I am on constant vigil against the inevitable "you will start gaining at some point", but it has not happened yet. However, as a co-worker of mine has illustrated to me, if we don't stay on our guard, it definitely IS possible to gain it all back. Don't let anyone kid you. Surgery is NOT "the easy way out". There were times, especially in the first 6 months post-op, that I wondered whether or not it was worth it. IT WAS!!!! It has been an unbelievable and amazing journey. I now have a wonderful man in my life, I can do anything, go anywhere, and keep up with (or even BEAT!) anyone! I no longer get those "looks". I can fly on an airplane and not need an extension! But the most favorite thing that I can do now that I could not for many years... I can CROSS MY LEGS! It's the little things that you didn't realize you lost, that you will find the most cool. Of course, the pre-diabetic condition disappeared completely. My formerly high blood pressure is now typically 120-70, my cholesterol is 135 (bad=90, good=45). The worst part for me was the mental adjustment. Food equalled comfort. I had lost my best friend. Missing the good times we had going out to dinner was the absolute WORST. So rather than torture myself, I just stopped doing it and filled that time with other things. And the money I saved I spent ENJOYING CLOTHES SHOPPING!! I used to absolutely detest shopping for clothes. I'm sure you all know what I mean. No more Catherines or Fashion Bug PLUS for me! No sir, I shop at Coldwater Creek now! What a difference! Two years out, was it worth it? Absolutely. I'd do it again in a heart beat. It has turned my life completely around. I did it for health reasons, but all the other "perks" are immensely rewarding.
Ready4 AChange
on 10/2/07 9:13 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Happy Surgiversary For me , the two years went by so fast. Even hubby was surprised. He thought it was only a year ! I have a more healthier life, new grand daughter and will be going on a cruise next week. Never would have thought that would be possible two years ago. Congratulations again. Sandy
ShandrewsCA
on 10/10/07 8:06 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
It's funny, but I actually forgot to remember my anniversary date last month, and even had to pull out my paperwork to get the exact date! It has been a wonderful journey. I have no regrets, and don't even really think about it anymore. Probably not a good thing, since I just gained 5 lbs LMAO! But now it is first and foremost in my mind again, which is a good thing. I do kind of miss the beginning, when the weight was first flying off and I could come to this forum and there would be a ton of new messages from everyone I'm guilty too, I guess we are having so much fun now living our lives we forget where we started!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 575 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 671 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 881 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 903 views