Revision? Please tell me about it.

HOPIE G
on 10/2/07 7:53 am - LAGUNA BEACH, CA
Im thinking of having a revision. I just found out that this was even offer. Does anyone know what are the requirements who's a candidate for this type of procedure? Any advise is welcome.
Ready4 AChange
on 10/2/07 9:08 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
I honestly don't know the answer. Are you keeping track of what you are eating ? What about your water. I know that if I don't do well with my protein I don't lose. Have you checked out www.thinnerself.com ? I like putting in my height/weight info and getting "reports" on how much protein, water etc I should be getting in. As for revision ? Maybe ask your surgeon what he thinks. Sandy
donnafc
on 10/3/07 1:28 am - Lowell, MA
It has only been two years and according to your profile you have lost 90 Lbs. I am not sure how much more you need to loose? Have you tried to change things up a bit? More protein, change the exercise to something else? I know my problems are not exercising like I used to and grazing. I have lost about 100 and need to loose another 30 to be at the weight I want to be. Now my DR is fine with my weight. I am 5'8.5" and weigh in at 175. I am actually 12 pounds heaver than I was at this time last year. Let me know what your DR has to say, I am interested in what our options are. donna
HOPIE G
on 10/8/07 4:08 am - LAGUNA BEACH, CA
Thanks for the advice. I do my daily excercise, fast walks for an hour or so. I take my vitamins and protein everyday. I drink plenty of water. I feel like im on a strict diet all the time. People that i have lunch or dinner with and don't know i had the surgery always command on how little i eat and or why i eat salad all the time and don't lose any weight! I think if i didn'****ch what ate i be heavier. I will go next week to see my doc, & i will post what he has to say about me not losing any weight. According to what the doctors said to me back when i had the surgery, i need to lose another 50 pounds to reach my ideal "goal" weight. I really don't see how I can do that. I'm ok with how i look now, i just want to reach my goal & feel 100% confident in myself.
ShandrewsCA
on 10/10/07 7:38 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I was hanging out at 150 lbs for like a year, and very happy there. This past month however I have gained 5 lbs. Doesn't seem like much, but I can't believe what a big difference it makes now! I've been a pretty bad girl with my eating habits and exercising (non-existent!) So, it's time for me to bite the bullet before my weight gain gets out of hand.
Blackthorne
on 11/3/07 3:52 pm - Alpharetta, GA
A revision to what, and why? What's been going on with your RNY that you're thinking about this? Since I'm a DS'er and primarily hang out on the DS board, those are the requirements I'm most familiar with. First and foremost, would be to find a surgeon who is highly experienced with revisions. Revisions are much tougher than the original surgery, and involve a higher degree of risk for complications, so you want the most experienced surgeon you can find. The insurance requirements are generally the same - BMI 35+1 co-morb or 40 with/without one.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 575 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 671 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 881 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 902 views