stress eating

Jazwog
on 11/7/07 12:51 am - Medical Lake, WA
Can someone give me ideas on something I can do besides eating while stressing about my mom I can't see to care anymore and I just eat because it makes me feel better. I don't want to lose her and so I just say to hell with my weight it don't matter and then I get frustrated with myself. I just don't know what to do anymore!! I have gained 10 lbs and I don't want to go back to the old ways but this is how I always dealt with my problems!! Excercising doesn't help any it makes it worse cuz then I just eat more and more!
Veronica M
on 11/13/07 9:29 am - Milwaukee, WI
I know how you feel, but remember how badly you wanted this surgery? We need to remember where we came from and why we wanted this surgery in the first place. This happens to the best of us we eat it is what we do best, but we chose to make a diiference for ourselves by having surgery. Now it is our responsiblity to ourselves to do everything in our power not to go back to the old ways. To say the hell with it is saying you care nothing for yourseslf and thats not true thats why you wanted surgery in the first place. You may not want to lose your mom, but eatting youself into a never endding bing will not help matters either. When you feel so over whelmed get out of the house take a walk, cry, scream, yell , get your feelings out. Remember you wanted to be a better you, so you chose to have surgery to make a difference in your life. This may sound hard, but this is what I tell myself every day so I stay on track. Yes, I do have bad days, but I still need to stay focused. I have had tons of complications from this surgery. And in some ways my life is not better, but worse. I just can't give up or in to the old ways and neither can you simple. Life will always give us hard times, but we cannot stop doing the very best for ourselves.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views