HELLO!!!! anyone out there????

linda D.
on 2/28/08 12:09 am - Holbrook, NY
WOW - I just went back and read about 6 months of posts in less than 3 mins - and I am very very guilty of pulling a disappearing act...I didn't mean to disappear but I guess once we got settled into our "new" lives after losing so much weight we didn't "need" as much support as we did in the beginning and up through the first year or so... I just wanted to say hi to everyone - it's been a long time (I really need to put a new pic on this thing ) This are going really well for me - the winter hasn't been bad even tho with the warmer temps and no snow I am still always freezing - weight hasn't changed (thank God) but I do feel that my clothes are fitting differently since I haven't been to the gym or done any exercise since Sept but I'm BACK on track - I am doing protein shakes again (2x/day) and joined a new gym - I hired a personal trainer that is going to kick my butt 3x/week for the next 5 weeks and believe it or not I am almost anxious to have sore muscles again... Life is good and I am the happiest I have been in a very very long time - my girls are doing wonderfully and the man I have been with for almost a year now is very very good to me... Hope all that are reading this are doing well - I will check back again in the next few days - I would love to know how you're all doing! Linda
koukla
on 3/1/08 12:25 pm - a city, CT
Hi Linda, I'm just as guilty as everyone else. I check in every once in a while. I've regained about 10 to 12 pounds so I am going to start protein shakes or bars or just protein for a week. I have to get back to basics and off CARBS.!!!!!! I broke my foot a while back and couldn't drive or get to the gym and so the old habits started coming back. But now there's no excuse. I just have to get my butt back to the gym and do it. you are right about looking forward to the sore muscles again. they make you feel alive. My pants are feeling tight and I HATE it. Koukla
Maddiebug
on 3/2/08 7:18 pm - Madrid, NY
It is so nice to see that I am not alone. I hve gained about ten pounds myself. I sarted going to the gym about a month ago and only worked on cardio and I still didnt take any of the extra weight off. Last week I went and saw a trainer who showee me different weights I should use to tone up my body. I also starting taking a kick boxing class. However, my eating has been horrible. I haven't even been able to log onto this site because my other computer was broken, but I just got a laptop so I thought I would check in- I have been so frustrated, it is nice to have womeone to talk to. I need to start writing in my profile again. Anybody have any ideas on how to just stop eating the carbs- they seem to be everywhere! Christine
ShaunainHarleysville
on 3/3/08 8:23 am - Harleysville, PA
I'm with you ladies. It's tough being this "far out". I actually regained 18 pounds but finally woke up and looked at what I was eating. First, I took all of the stuff out with higher sodium. Next, I did the 5 day pouch test. Over the last 4 weeks, I have lost all but the last 8 pounds. I am started exercising again and have found that I needed a wake-up call. The five day pouch test may have allowed weight loss, but really served a very long term pupose; to remember where I came from. It was VERY hard to do the first two days because it felt like a "diet" whcih I SWORE I would never do again. I learned quickly that it was less of a "diet", like so many years ago, but more of shock therapy. I am now doing very well following the rules of day 4 and 5 of the pouch test permenantly. It's hard to remember what the REAL rules are once we get this "far out" but we CAN'T forget them. We can never go back to where we once were. Remember when it hurt, both mentally and physically? Stop and really REMEMBER the pain. We have to rekindle and start again. We are worth it. Grab your strength and RUN ladies...RUN!!!! Love to you all! Shauna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views