Dr Visit

emmyjmommy
on 4/3/08 2:05 am - Montgomery, AL
Hey! I went to see my dear Dr. DeWitt this past Tuesday for a post surgical check-up. I had been experiencing some pretty bad nausea over the past six months or so, to the point to where I was pretty much staying at home sleeping because it was the only way to make myself not feel icky....I was also having to take lots of phenergan and ambien to help me sleep. Dr. DeWitt went in exploratory at the end of Jan and cleared some scar adhesions and a small hyrnia. I am feeling much better, even though I still battle some nausea...I believe it is something that I will always battle, but the little purple pill is my friend and helping! I found it odd, though...that this was my first time seeing some weight gain, I was actually 216 at his office, when I am normally around 212...it was in the afternoon and I was having my monthly cycle....does anyone else experience that much of a weight difference during their cycle? Just wanted to reassure myself, or start really cutting back and exercising hard....Don't wanna gain weight 2 1/2 years after surgery! ~~emily
Ready4 AChange
on 4/14/08 12:18 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Hi Emily, Hope you are feeling better. I personally don't know about "that time of the month" anymore. Don't know if it's a blessing or not ( can't blame the gain on it ) What is the feeling " icky " is it the acid ? I know when I wasn't feeling up to par I would take the pepcid or something like that to help. I have even tried Meclizine ( for motion sickness) and it has helped me a little. You may want to ask your doc about that. Get better soon. Sandy
BrenBat
on 5/12/08 1:17 pm - Terre Haute, IN
Oh honey I seem to gain 5+ pounds before my cycle and it is weird seeing how before surery there was not...must be because we have less fat to see through. Don't fret it happends to me every month. Brenda
*DownsouthGAgirl *
on 6/1/08 9:10 pm - GA
yep i can gain up to 5lbs around that time of the month but soon after it goes away never noticed it before surgery either :-/
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views