Any regain in anyone?

Paula Hep
on 5/9/08 6:58 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
Hi All, Phew, it's been a LONG time. Lots of things happened in my life since last fall and I haven't been around here much at all. I've gained almost 30 lbs back...due to stress and emotional eating of carbs and comfort food. Not keeping a food log and eating junk at night. The Phd that did my psych eval before surgery has started a group for people that have re-gained and I've gone to it once. She's going to help us to target why we're eating, to get back on track with goals, etc. I can eat a LOT of food again and not feel full. But, if I sit down to a well balanced meal, I fill up pretty quickly. The junk carbs like crackers, pretzels, just slide on through the pouch, I guess. And I'm sure I've stretched, too. I'm not kicking myself, just another bump in the constant road that's called "pre-disposition to obesity which I'll have to work on all my life regardless of having WLS or not!" Hope everyone is good. Paula
BrenBat
on 5/12/08 1:02 pm - Terre Haute, IN
Yes I can say I have gained about 10 pounds and not liking it much. I am however going to join Curves again after I get back from my Dr. Appt. on Wed. I am not going to let this win. I did not go through pure hell to have my weight win. My addiction now is the candy Mentos. I eat those like they are going out of style. I to am having the not feeling full sensation and am able to eat more that I should. I just had a TT in December and do not want to through the pain and agony of having the feeling of being gutted. I'm like you just a bump time to get back on the right path and start from the beginning. Hope you all the luck and getting back on track, Brenda
koukla
on 5/18/08 6:59 am - a city, CT
I've regained about 13 to 15 pounds. I broke my foot back in Oct. and had to go for iron infusions so my gym never saw me for a few months. Then Christmas then trying to get back on track. You know, the same old excuses. But I, too, don't want to gain anymore back. My 14's don't fit so I'm back into 16's. Not happy about that. As long as it doesn't get anymore out of control. Yes the carbs just slide right down. Wow it's amazing how much BAD food I could eat and not feel full. But Paula, You are right when I eat properly I get full. That's the trick I guess. To not pick on the bad stuff. To keep the protein around to grab when we're hungry. Guys and gals, We can lick this or at least get it under control. We have to remind ourselves that we can have a treat every now and then, just not every day. And we have to move. Get that heart rate up. Good luck to all of us. Koukla
Musicmama88
on 5/21/08 7:50 am - Danville, IN
Yep, Im there with ya'all!! I have gained about 13-15 pounds and fighting it! I can still wear some of my 14's, but 16's again too. The holidays got me with all the junk food,,and being a ministers wife there were so many banquets and parties, constantly cooking and baking. So, I did the 5 day pouch test to get rid of cravings and regain the sensitivity of the pouch. It worked! I even dump now again! Cravings are gone and Im so thankful! Its not a weight loss thing, its to get rid of cravings and reset the pouch. Go to www.5daypouchtest.com You may lose a few pounds during the test and thats a plus, but you will once again be in control, and thats a great thing! Then jump back on the protein and water band wagon, and you will see that scale start to move in the right direction again. It may be slow, but it will move! Blessings! Betsy
Ready4 AChange
on 5/30/08 3:18 am - Upper Chichester, PA
I'm with ya people ! I have put on about 20 pounds and don't want to put on any more. Told hubby last night I'm gonna try the EAS shakes again in the A.M. and see if that is going to help curb my carb cravings. I found that when I get in close to my protein I don't feel as hungry . A couple of weeks ago ( day before my grandaughters babtism ) I ended up in the ER with pain. They took x rays and ct scans and found that I had appendicitis ! I've been reading and it says it usually occurs between the ages up to about the 30's....I just thought to myself " well I keep saying I feel 30 years younger... " Maybe my body thought it did also. So I had that removed . Hubby thought he was going to get away without me having any surgery this year....Right... I do have to say that a day without food or water did help me curb my eating ......for a couple of days.... Sandy
Maddiebug
on 6/1/08 4:04 am - Madrid, NY
I am in the same boat. I actually got down too low, I was 135 and gained 10 pounds which I was kind of happy about. I would like to be 145 and I am not at 158 so that is about a 23 pound gain. I need to get into some type of support group because I am a mess. I eat constantly and most of my life is a mess. It seems no matter how hard I try or what I do I can not lose a pound. I even started drinking protein shakes which I never did when I first had surgery. I really miss the days of being able to log on here and having my "family" to talk to and understand what is happening to me. Now I kind of feel like I am stranded with no end in sight. If I have gained 23 pounds in less than a year what am I going to weigh 5 years from now? I don't want to go back, but I don't know what else to do. Christiine
Paula Hep
on 6/1/08 8:59 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
Hey Christine, Email me anytime at [email protected] and we can help each other out, ok? This board was so thriving when we were all losing, then when we were done, we all fell by the wayside, and some of us re-gained some back. I guess the surgery doesn't cure our "head problems" that we have with food. I've had an awful stressful time of it of late and used food (especially during this past very long grey new england winter) to comfort myself. This past week, I had even more stress added, but it was so traumatic, that I lost my appetite and it kind of shrunk my stomach by not eating as much. Now I actually feel nauseaus when I eat too much, and that's a good thing. So, email me, ok? I ended up only going to one of the group meetings that I paid 120 bucks for cause of the problems at home here. So, I have to go it alone, I guess. The woman did forward to me all the handouts she gave out, so I worked some on them. Take care and hang in there. Oh, btw...I thought you looked TOO skinny when you got down so thin. You didn't look healthy, so, just plan on losing ten or 12 lbs, ok? Paula
Maddiebug
on 6/3/08 11:14 am - Madrid, NY
Paula, I will definitely email you. If I could sit down tonight I could write a book, but I just started a new job and I am in way over my head so I have to read to try to catch up. My email is [email protected] if you want to email me too. You take care also and maybe we can get through this togethor. Christine
livelyvc
on 6/16/08 1:57 am - Alexandria, VA
Hi, I've regained too. My low was 165... I'm probably at 190... I'm afraid to get on the scale. I do exercise consistently, but my eatting and drinking has not been good. I do need to get back on the bandwagon. I'd like to be right at 175. Before I had the surgery my doc who does all of the different kinds listed some statistics about all of the different kind. He said with RNY there was usually a 15 to 20% weight gain around 2 years out, so I try not to beat myself up over it.
Carmen G.
on 7/3/08 11:44 am - Lincoln, AL
I have gained about 7 pounds, but I am attempting now to get that off. I still need to lose about 20 pounds to reach goal. That's so bad. I have not even reached my goal yet. But ya know....as long as I don't gain and get these 7 pounds off, I will be ok.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views