hello

koukla
on 9/1/08 5:59 am - a city, CT
Hello all my Sept. 05 buddies.  How are you all doing?  Can you believe it has been 3 years this month?!!!!!  
Is everyone happy about their decision?  Anyone with problems?
I've had 15 to 18 pounds regain.  I find that I MUST follow the rules and most importantly I must EXCERISE!!!!!!!!
The gain happened during the time I thought I was a "normal" person.  But let's face it, a normal person doesn't eat french fries every day.  So I quit eating the bad food and hopefully I'll get rid of these extra pounds.  But I also slacked off on my excerise.  I have to get that back into gear.
I find I can eat alot more.  I don't think my pouch streched.  I think the intestine attached to the pouch streched.  So I think it's like having two pouches.  Does that make sense to anyone?
Anyway, I wanted to stop by and wish everyone a happy 3 years.  What a difference this surgery has made in my life. 
I am now living life.  Just walking is such a pleasure.  Seeing the inside of the Mall stores was fun and still is.  I missed alot of life but now I can enjoy it.
good luck to all and see you soon.

Koukla

Blackthorne
on 9/4/08 3:22 pm - Alpharetta, GA

Doing well here.  I'm working on correcting a low ferritin issue to prepare my body for plastic surgery. 

My low weight was 140.2, which I think I was at for about an hour.   Last November I was averaging around 145-148.   Now I'm averaging 152-155, so I've had about 7 lbs of regain.  I think a lot of that is muscle however.   I have a very low body fat percentage so I don't have a lot of excess body fat, although I do still have a lot of excess skin.

On your situation - are you saying that your stoma has stretched?  Have you considered having Stomaphyx done?   I know a RNY'er up here who had it, and it seemed to work.

Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
koukla
on 9/5/08 4:49 am - a city, CT
I go Monday to the surgeon and I'm going to ask him about maybe it stretched.  And then if he does the stomaphyx.  I have a feeling that's the problem.  Everything just slides right thru.
The good thing would be that the pouch didn't stretch.  (hopefully)

When's your plastic surgery?  I'm still thinking about that.  Did they give you and infusion for the ferritin issue?  I had that.  The infusions work.  Now we just keep watching the numbers every other month.
Good luck on the plastic surgery and keep us posted.

Koukla

Musicmama88
on 9/10/08 3:29 am - Danville, IN
Hi! Its been three years,,isnt that hard to believe? I still would do it all again in a heartbeat! I got down to 193 for about five mintues, then bounced up to 197 (size 14 for me) and stayed there till this past year. Now Im at 207, was 212. It was lack of exercise and eating carbs that did it. Im in a size 16 a the bottom now, so Im working on it.
Hubby was just diagnosed as pre diabetic, so the doc recommended a diet. I went to Weigh****chers and joined so I could get the stuff for him. He cant go to the meetings due to work hours, so I put him on it at home. Its helping me be accountable too. (The CORE plan is almost like we WLS people are supposed to eat anyway.) Hubby isnt morbidly obese so surgery is out for him, so this works. 
I never did reach my personal goal. although the doctor said I would stop around 190 pounds probably, due to my age (58 at the time of surgery) but I wanted to be around 175. So far this week I have lost 4 pounds, so the pouch still works!
Great to hear you are doing well!
Be blessed!
Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views