3rd Anniversary

linda D.
on 9/5/08 2:56 am - Holbrook, NY
Hello all

Yup it's been a while since I've come here to post - I do check in occasionally to see if anyone has posted and have read everything.  I have not forgotten any of you...

I will celebrate 3 years on Tuesday Sept 9! What a ride it's been ... I am so happy that I did this surgery - it has changed my life and I am so much better for it.  My daughters are both doing absolutely amazing and I could not be more proud of them...I have a great guy in my life now - we've been together about 1 1/2 years and he makes me smile on a daily basis...

3 years ago I was told that this surgery would not be a miracle cure for obesity and until I was out about years I did not believe any of that...then REALITY set in - I could eat more, I could tolerate sugar -- at first I didn't panic - I thought hey I can control this - I would just live by that little saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" - yeah right -- in the last 6 months I have gained about 10 pounds back - I was down to 158 lbs from 310 when I started this journey - I am now somewhere between 165 & 170 depending on the day.  I lost my relationship with the scale because I didn't want to know...I stopped going to the gym because there were other things that took precedence...so now I am suffering.  my size 10's became tight and I felt like a sausage in them - I couldn't put size 12's on because I GAVE THEM AWAY because I would NEVER need them again ... sighhhhhhhh! Old habits started coming back - snacking at night while watching tv, drinking with meals, drinking alcohol, eating sugar (my biggest downfall in life) ... 

So! now that the summer is over I am putting myself back on track! I woke up on Tuesday morning and decided that I would go on the 5-day pouch test - I did protein shakes and water all day tuesday and "most" of wednesday - by wednesday night I was absolutely starving so I caved in and made a salad - I figured that wouldn't hurt me - I did the same thing on Thursday and will do the same today - 3 protein shakes and one nice size salad (lettuce, tomato & cucumber w/ a splash of dressing) - Saturday and Sunday will be "soft" foods and then Monday I will go back to normal food at a very slow pace and all protein ... and back to the RULES! My goal is to lose 15 pounds by October 9...I THINK I can do that but we'll see.  AND now that the cooler weather is coming back I will be back to working out and maybe get my butt (which is getting bigger) back in the gym! but if not the gym I will be working out at home daily and getting back to walking.  My feeling is that it took me a lot of hard work to lose all that original weigh - 15 lbs more should be simple (haha!!)

I hope all of you are doing well and I really do miss having the support of people that are going thru the same things I am - I'm very glad not to be alone in this....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY/SURGIVERSARY/SURGIBIRTHDAY TO ALL OF MY SEPTEMBER 2005 FAMILY!

~Linda
RNY 9/9/2005
Starting 309; Lowest 174; Current 196; Goal 165

onyxstang
on 9/21/08 6:01 am - MCKINLEYVILLE, CA
Congratulations Linda

I celebrated my three year anniversary on the 7th.  The day my life began again (actively)

You rock!
linda D.
on 9/22/08 12:23 am - Holbrook, NY
CONGRATS AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL

~Linda
RNY 9/9/2005
Starting 309; Lowest 174; Current 196; Goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views