Bummed

Maddiebug
on 4/21/09 8:47 am - Madrid, NY

I am really discouraged lately.  I did buy a tread mill so I would have more time to exercise, then I got.  It really doesn't seem to matter what I do the scales keep going in the wrong direction, which just makes me want to give up.  Then I snack and feel even worse. 

I just feel like I am alone and noone understands.  Do you think everyone that isn't on here is doing great and doesn't need us, or do you think they don't want to share that they aren't doing so well?

I am messing up the biggest gift I have ever been given in my life.

Christine Richardson
281/151/165
Surgery Date:9/13/05
There are so many things I would change now.

Heidi
on 4/21/09 10:24 pm - Garrett, PA
me too...i totally understand... i feel like such a failure.. i havent been back to my surgeon is a while either cuz i am scared that i gained to much weight.. i was dreaming about this all night.. i dont know what to do.
koukla
on 4/22/09 3:29 am - a city, CT
I believe it's the latter.  that they are in the same boat as we are.  But Heidi did mention the
StomaphyX  procedure.
I do remember my surgeon telling me that it wasn't perfected yet but that was a year or two ago so maybe by now it is.   If I can't get a handle on this I think I will talk to her about it.
All I can say is let's hang in there and keep working it.
good luck.

Koukla
Musicmama88
on 4/25/09 3:50 am - Danville, IN
hey, Im there with ya all! Im stressing over the weight gain. over 20 pounds! I feellike everyone who knows me is lookin at me saying,,,see,,it didnt work afterall!! Im sooooo stressed about it. Im obsessed with food again,,,just like when I was fat, I get up and think,,am I gonna count carbs, calories, points, what??????

So, today Im counting calories and getting out and getting exercise. I have to,,nobody can do it for me, and there is no other surgery option for me either. So,,its suck it up and get back on track,,,thats hard!

Maybe if we bind together and account to each other on here, it will help.
Ill start.
My lowest weight was 193 pounds, I wore a size 12-14. This morning I was 216.2, and I wear a 16-18 and its scaring me to death! Im addicted to popcorn,,,every night! So, I either gotta figure it in my calories or give it up. Im gonna go back to www.fitday,com and start keeping track. This is day one,,,,
Anyone else???? maybe if we post everyday what we are eating it will help us all.

Blessings
Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

kellyp
on 6/13/09 11:23 pm - Brookfield, MO
 Girls,
I'm right there with you...however, I'm one of those who abandoned this site a few years ago because of shame.  I got so tired of stressing over the fact that I kept screwing up and it was my own fault and I knew it.  Avoidance is my downfall.  I'm sorry I wasn't here, but it was depressing.  My hightest weight was around 330 or so.  My lowest is now...212.5...that's NOT my goal.  I should have reached it a long time ago, but my eatting habits are not good to say the least.  Sure, my pouch has made it to where I can't tolerate milk, bread, cake-type things, ice-cream...but that's pretty much it.  I can tolerate simple sugar, like soda, chocolate candy...JUNK.  Now, I don't eat it all the time, but it just shows we have to work this thing ourselves and can't depend on our surgery anymore. :(   At the first of the year, I had gotten back up to 234# from my lowest of 216.  I decided I would make one change and see how it went.  I stopped drinking sweet tea..a HUGE downfall.  I have lost 22# since I stopped that.  Now I just need to find another thing to tweek my diet.  I know that a "diet" doesn't work.  I realize that 95% of people eventually go off of them or fail.  So, I need to find something reasonable that I can live with. Now..(NEVER thought I'd say this)  I prefer sugar substitute over sugar in my tea which is awesome!  My son just got married yesterday, so my stress level should subside now.  Tomorrow, I am going to concentrate on low carb again which seems to agree with me.  I'm TRYING to avoid diabetes which has been threatening me.  I get bouts of hyperglycemia and it feels horrible.  My whole family has diabetes...ANYway...sorry for the long story.  Just know you're not alone.  Good luck to you all.
Kelly

Maddiebug
on 6/14/09 9:27 am - Madrid, NY
I just went to my doctor this week because of the weight gain and I thought I might have an ulcer.  I was pretty surprised to find that my doctor was not at all upset with the 30n poounds I have gained.  I am not sure if that made me happy or sad.  I am definately disappointed in myself, and it just doesn't seem to matter what I do I can not lose a pound to save my life.  I wish that when I stop drinking soda the weight would just start coming off, but I quit and never lose a pound and that makes it very hard to stay away from my favorite beverage.  I hate water with a passion and drink it like a champ-and never lose an ounce.  One thing I have discovered since I started using the Daily Plate is that I do a lot of salt intake.  I am sure that is real great for my thunder thighs.  Anyone have any good ideas on things to eat with little sodium?

By the way I do have an ulcer.  Just 2 more pills to take everyday.  I am hoping that stress at work will slow down a little and I will be able to ease up a little.

I just really wish what we could start being there for each other again like we were in the beginning, because I know need it more now than I did then.
Musicmama88
on 6/24/09 7:05 am - Danville, IN
Hey everybody, Im back. My internet was pff for a few weeks but now Im back up and running.

I still havent lost anything. I havent been on a scale for weeks,,trying to get a handle on this eating thing again, but afraid to weigh. My clothes are all still fitting, although some days looser than others. I was completely off the sugar till hubby went out of town on business,,so I decided I could indulge. I had candy and cookies and cake and pie. Nothing seems to make me sick but fats. What a bummer.
I decided to make some new clothes so I didnt stress over the ones that werent fitting any more, well,,everything I made was too big. I must have a terribly distorted mental picture of myself. Hubby and kids say I do. I saw some folks at  a funeral this past week that had not seen me since the surgery, and they told me I look amazing. I guess I just think I look like my old fat self because I have gained a few. I also saw a friend who had had her surgery right before Ihad mine and she has gained a lot,,,that scared me to death! Maybe it scare me "straight!" I have had sugar free everything today!
Anyhow,,lets get back to basics. Lets re read the rules of the pouch and dedicate ourselves to them and see what happens. Let journal what we eat and drink, and lets meet here everyday. WHat do ya say....lets make this a support forum again, like it used to be.
See ya here tomorrow,,or even later today. Lets get this thing going and support each other!

Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Musicmama88
on 7/1/09 1:26 am - Danville, IN
OK,,Im back on track! I started keeping track of everything that goes in my mouth and keeping the carbs and calories down. Im feeling better, the bloat is gone.
Yesterday I had a bit of motivation hit me in the face. My closet rod in the spare bedroom fell, and I was taking all the clothes out and putting them on the bed....all the things that USED to fit, and now are waaay too tight! One lousy size difference.  This is rediculous I said to myself,,so close and yet so far! If I buckle down now while I have a small amount to lose, I can have it off by September!  I also bought a dress form, I sew a lot,,and set it to my measurments,,that was an eye opener too!
So,  I made up my mind,,no more fooling around. Even with a 4th of July picnic staring me in the face, I will go and play games and enjoy being with friends and family and not focus on the food!

It really is true what they say,,nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

Anybody with me??

Sheryl Johnson
on 9/9/09 1:46 am - Florissant, CO
Hi Christine,
Sorry to hear about your weight gain. I'm also 4 years post op and have also gained weight. I have gained about 50 pounds back of the 200 I lost. However, I still feel much better then I did before the surgery. It's so unfortunate, but facts are facts, most of us that are here on this site are emotional eaters. That's pretty much how we got to the place of wls. It's so true that if we don't take care of what's eating us before the surgury then we will be eating us back to where we were. I know for me emotional eating tends to feel real good at the moment, but the long term effects that I feel when I'm done cause such an overwhelming depression that I just turn around and eat even more.

I'm thinking that the key to this might be to find a different form of comfort then food, or maybe even remove the problem that's causing the emotional distress to begin with. That might mean making a huge change in my life or just dealing with old and past issues. Who knows, but the fact is if I don't do something about my eating issue I will be back to the 400 pounds I once was. I'm thinking that this might be the case with you as well. So maybe it's time we both do some soul searching.

I hope you will feel free to let me know if there's anything I do do to help. I haven't been posting in here in a long time, but I would really like to get back to it. So please let me know how your doing and feeling and I'll try to do the same.

take care
ShandrewsCA
on 9/9/09 7:23 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Here is a FB group I created.  I will keep it up until the end of September.  If we get a few people to come on over, then yay!  If not, I'll remove it.  Hopefully this will help some of us who need more support.  Send me an email at avonfromshannon at yahoo dot com and I will email the link directly to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 563 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 664 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 877 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 900 views