4 years post op today...woot woot!!!

Monica K.
on 9/2/09 8:43 am - Vancouver, WA
Well today it has been 4 years since my gastric bypass surgery.  What a journey I have had.  My life has changed so much...for the better of course.  If I had to do it again I would do it in a heartbeat!!!  I have been hovering aroung 170 give or take some. 
Monica
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
deej06
on 9/5/09 4:11 am - providence, RI

Well Happy Birthday!!!!!!  Its mine too.  FOUR Years where did the time go?  Well i am stuck 195.  And had two kids.  But today I am going to get back into the swing of things.  
                                       Danielle

Maddiebug
on 9/5/09 11:02 pm - Madrid, NY
I actually went to my 4 year checkup a little early because of an ulcer, but I totally forgot that this is our surgiversary month.  I have gained a lot of weight and I am pretty frustrated.  I really wish that more people still used this site so that we had each other to support ourselves.  I think at this point I need a back on track class or something-doesn't seem like anything I do helps.

Christine
Christine Richardson
281/151/165
Surgery Date:9/13/05
There are so many things I would change now.

Sheryl Johnson
on 9/9/09 1:42 am - Florissant, CO
Hi Christine,
Sorry to hear about your weight gain. I'm also 4 years post op and have also gained weight. I have gained about 50 pounds back of the 200 I lost. However, I still feel much better then I did before the surgery. It's so unfortunate, but facts are facts, most of us that are here on this site are emotional eaters. That's pretty much how we got to the place of wls. It's so true that if we don't take care of what's eating us before the surgury then we will be eating us back to where we were. I know for me emotional eating tends to feel real good at the moment, but the long term effects that I feel when I'm done cause such an overwhelming depression that I just turn around and eat even more.

I'm thinking that the key to this might be to find a different form of comfort then food, or maybe even remove the problem that's causing the emotional distress to begin with. That might mean making a huge change in my life or just dealing with old and past issues. Who knows, but the fact is if I don't do something about my eating issue I will be back to the 400 pounds I once was. I'm thinking that this might be the case with you as well. So maybe it's time we both do some soul searching.

I hope you will feel free to let me know if there's anything I do do to help. I haven't been posting in here in a long time, but I would really like to get back to it. So please let me know how your doing and feeling and I'll try to do the same.

take care
ShandrewsCA
on 9/9/09 5:04 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Technically my surgiversary date is Sept 14th, but I've been nostalgic all month LOL!  I started out at 280, was at 262 when I had the surgery, and my lowest weight was 145 lbs.  I bounced up to 167 and am now back down to 162 with my eye on being 150.  My birthday is October 3rd, and i have every intention of losing those 12 lbs by my birthday.

My biggest problem?  Stupid stupid stupid.  Alcohol!  I was drinking far too much beer and screwdrivers and bloody mary's and that is why I was not only gaining weight but getting really puffy under my eyes.  I stopped that crap over a week ago and lost 5 lbs already.

I am all for a support group.  How about I start a Facebook group for those of us who had surgery this month and really want to stay connected?  I will post a link and if we get a few joiners then great!

Pre-RNY Weight: 280 lbs (09/14/05)

Lowest Post-Op Weight: 140 lbs

Starting Ozempic Weight: 180 lbs (08/26/22)

Week 1 Weight: 174 lbs (09/02/22)

Tanya L
on 9/14/09 5:16 pm - Carpinteria, CA
Happy early bday!! You and I have same surgery date!! I got to over 400 lbs, on surgery date was 358, I got down to 148 for a week(cellulitis) and then was 158(I was too thin). I am now 179, and had got up to 187.I am on my way down. I think 165 to 169 would be good for me. I gained a lot of muscle this last year as I worked out every day this past year and became vegetarian.! I eat a lot of soy based meats etc.

I don't like facebook very much, but it might be better than here?

Anyways happy surgiversary to us both...

358/163/185  5'6" -195 lbs &172+inches Lost
10/05/07 LBL,lipo on thighs,rear augmentation & BL 
1/11/2008 MTL, BA, and Brachioplasty
 Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comGod is in CONTROL!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?tanyal

Tanya L
on 9/14/09 5:18 pm - Carpinteria, CA
Congrats sweetie!!!

358/163/185  5'6" -195 lbs &172+inches Lost
10/05/07 LBL,lipo on thighs,rear augmentation & BL 
1/11/2008 MTL, BA, and Brachioplasty
 Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comGod is in CONTROL!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?tanyal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 563 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 664 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 877 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 900 views