I HAVE A DATE AND I CAN'T WAIT!

cprzeslak
on 6/3/05 10:40 am - Lubbock, TX
I've finally been approved by my insurance and am scheduled for September 12th. I can't wait! Somebody please, make time fly... Is anyone else scared and excited at the same time? Or is it just me? Regardless, I'm still looking forward to it. Anxiously awaiting, Carrie
Allyson
on 6/5/05 10:30 am - Sydney, Australia
Hey Carrie, Yep as i count down the weeks (I am 19th September) only 15 weeks to go lol i have those feelings too. Some days i am so excited and then other times i am scared. Not so much about the surgery as i have every confidence in my surgeon and his team but just about what life holds for me after surgery and what affects both positive and negative it will have. I havent known what it is like to be thin so i get so excited about that parts new clothes, new hairstyles etc better health but then i am scared about what feelings it will bring up. Yep i cant wait either Cheers Allyson
cprzeslak
on 6/8/05 5:16 am - Lubbock, TX
Allyson, I know exactly what you mean! I too have every confidence in my surgeon and his staff. I guess the scary part for me is the restrictions that will come with this procedure and any possible side effects. But in all actuality, I think the good outweighs the bad... wouldn't you agree? It's still nice to hear that someone shares my nerves, LOL. And I also have never known what it's like to be thin. Even looking back at my 1st and 2nd grade school pictures, I was the "little chunk" or the "Husky" kid. I've gone shopping the last few months and have been looking at clothes that are a couple of sizes smaller than what I wear now. I stop and think "should I buy this as an incentive?" or wait until I can actually wear it and buy something then to reward myself? One other thing I've been worrying about is, how is this going to affect my marriage? My spouse and I have already had a couple of good fights regarding the surgery. Issues like, what will our life be like when I'm thin and he's not? Will I leave him? (No, I won't. But I know that's what he's thinking) Have you had this problem too? Patiently impatient, Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 575 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 671 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 881 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 903 views