Is it just me?

BexMetz
on 6/8/05 8:14 am - Scott AFB, IL
Hi All, I think it was about two weeks ago that I received my surgery date of 16 Sep. I really thought it was going to be in July, but due to cir****tances out of my control (doctor's moving and a replacement not coming until Sept) I have to wait. So here I sit, VERY ready for this surgery and yet it seems so far away! I have a rollercoaster of emotions. It's even to the point where I don't even discuss the surgery. Just wondering if there are others out there like me. BEcca
Allyson
on 6/8/05 8:34 am - Sydney, Australia
Hey Rebecca, Carrie and i have been talking about the fact that our surgery dates are taking forever to get here. It is hard because yeah you have heaps of thoughts and emotions gonig around. I have been interested in this surgery for 2 years and because of our health system when you get private insurance you have to wait 12 months if it is a pre existing condition so i have been waiting for ages. I have had my date since february this year but it has taken ages but i am just counting down the weeks and trying to get myself into a frame of mind that is focused on the surgery but that dosent let it over run what i have to do in this part of my life at this time. I have my journal which has all my crap and ramblings in it which i find is great because it takes everything that i am feeling and wanting to say and i can say it and leave it and then come back and say more because i was just finding that i was talking and talking and talking about it and while we need to express what we are feeling i can do it in a more beneficial way. Dont know if my ramblings have helped but remember there are so many people on this site to talk to and share experiences with dont be afraid to talk because this is such an important decision that we have made that we need to talk and cope together Have a great day Cheers Allyson
BexMetz
on 6/8/05 9:36 am - Scott AFB, IL
Allyson, Thanks, you did help me. Yes, this site is fantastic. I took some time away from the computer but now I'm back. I need to keep up with my notes and such. Every time I read about a good idea, I jot it down in my notebook. Cheers! Becca
loveallfour
on 6/8/05 12:22 pm - WI
Hi there.Just think its only 3 months everyday is a day closer.I chose to have mine in sept due to work and kids going back to school.It will go by fast.Been waiting for this for 3 years.Tryed last year but insurance denied it and now we have a different insurance and we are going to private pay its costly but need it or i am going to die young and miss out on all the fun i can have with my 3 and 7 year old.Email me if you want. sharon
Elayne
on 6/10/05 11:22 am - APO, Germany
My original date was June 27, and my doctor got deployed (military), so now my new date is September 13. My doc's been wonderful, and I think I'm his first surgery when he gets back, but I know exactly how you feel. It's been really hard. My close friend just got her date-and it's June 27. I'm glad for her, but I wish we were both getting surgery on that date. I just want to "get it over with", and start my new life. Here's hoping September comes quickly.
BexMetz
on 6/10/05 11:50 am - Scott AFB, IL
Elayne, Where are you stationed? What branch of the service are you in? Cheers! Becca
Judi1972
on 6/15/05 7:39 am - jeffersonville, IN
Hi Rebecca!!! I have the same surgery date of September 16th. I am in the same boat as you. It seems sooo far away!! And I have so many emotions about it all. I am desperate to get it done and over with. I want to be on the other side already. I too thought I would have it in July but do to such a huge demand for my Doctor he is booked until then. But he is the best in my area so I do not trust anyone else to do it! Good Luck and Keep in touch and let me know how it goes for you. hugs Judi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views