What are you doing...

DresGirl
on 8/2/05 10:56 pm - Home Sweet Home, KY
... to get ready? I just received my date yesterday, and I'm SO EXCITED! Aside from making lists (get Living Will notarized, what to pack for the hospital, order protein shake samples, which groceries to buy), what else are you doing? I'm getting geared up to clean like a mad woman, and go through those bags of "lose weight clothes" in the basement. I'm guessing I have jeans in every size from a 14 and up, so hopefully won't have to buy any. What else are you doing to get ready? Hugs, Jo
TNmtnGirl
on 8/3/05 3:49 am - Strawberry Plains, TN
Jo, We are having surgery the same day! I am a bundle of nerves myself. I am doing a lot of journeling myself,it helps to calm me. Congrads on your surg.date. Hugs, Lori
DresGirl
on 8/8/05 6:18 am - Home Sweet Home, KY
Yay, I was hoping to find a "date twin"! We'll have to compare notes and keep up with one another's progress! Congrats to you, as well! Sending prayers and pixiedust your way! Jo
debidoo
on 8/3/05 11:20 am - lakewood, WA
My surgery is later on in the month but I am starting to journal and do a scrape book of my journey. I wish I had the energy to clean like a mad woman! You go girl!! I am looking forward to doing some shopping I nothing less than a 24 so I suspect that I will looking in all my girlfriends closets for things that fit!! I have told all of them to look out I am coming shopping in there closets!!! Even though I am super excited also I am finding myself emotional on occasion..... so i guess those are the things i am doing to get ready! debbie
DresGirl
on 8/8/05 6:22 am - Home Sweet Home, KY
I'm so excited about shopping, too! I can't wait to not have to wear anything with a "W" or an "X" on it! And I'm hoping that the energy level increases. I'm mustering the energy to clean because of the excitement about the surgery, but it sure is a task! I know it will drive me crazy to lay in the recliner and see how messy the bookcase is or how dirty the windows are. I'm focusing on cleaning the things that will be important to me after surgery, and for things to be nice for my mom, who will stay with us for a couple of days. Best of luck to you, Debbie! Jo
Holly Golightly
on 8/3/05 2:40 pm
Our local weight loss surgery support group meets just twice a month, and I can only attend one of them due to my schedule. So, I'll be able to go to one this month and one next before my surgery, and am trying to learn all of the locally recommended vitamins, supplements, calcium, protein, etc. as well as some tips for before and after surgery. The living will scares me, but I know I need to do it. Going to sleep is the only part of this surgery that worries me. Other than that, I'm cleaning, organzing and trying to think of everything and everyone I might need on hand to make post op easier. I'm so excited and nervous too. 46 days away--it's surreal! Holly
dkdotz
on 8/5/05 4:53 am - Oceanside, NY
LOL Holly!!! You and I are on the same date!!! The living will scares the daylights out of me...I have not even started. I am cleaning and pack to move into a new house...hopefully the closing will come before my surgery!!! Oh well...whatever happens happens. I will say that I am even more nervous now that you have put our waiting time down in DAYS!!!!! oh my!!! now it is only 44 days?!?! And I was thinking that it was sooooo far away!!! LOL Smile, Donna
fredrica brent
on 8/7/05 12:17 am - canton, MS
hi girl what kind of groceries is you going to buy.
DresGirl
on 8/8/05 6:29 am - Home Sweet Home, KY
Hi, sweet Fredrica! I'm going to stock up on low-carb, caffeine free drinks and foods - and I come home on pureed foods. Here's my list so far: Protein shakes (I ordered the sample pack from bariatriceating.com) Couple flavors of Crystal Light Diet Hawaiian Punch (this is good stuff) Skim Milk Low-fat Refried Beans Lentils (to make lentil soup) Cream Soups (not sure which ones yet) Low fat, sugar free yogurt Sugar free popsicles I also have to do a 2-day liquid diet (doesn't have to be sugar free), so I'll grab some Sprite and regular popsicles for that. How about you?
Judi1972
on 8/8/05 1:01 pm - jeffersonville, IN
JO JO JO!!!! HEY GIRLIE!!!! I am so happy we are going through this experience together. You the 13th me the 16th. I will visit you when you go in and you can visit me on your way out LOL!!!! No really!! I am excited to have someone to walk this journey with me. HANG ON TIGHT CAUSE IT IS GOING TO BE AN ADVENTURE AND A WILD RIDE!!! HUGS JUDI
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views