Want to help me make my list?

dkdotz
on 8/6/05 8:32 am - Oceanside, NY
44 more days for me...I can't wait!!! I have the countdown on my calendar!!! I am a list person...I have post-its all over my corkboard wall and a notebook I carry with me all the time where I list things I have to do for me, family, scouts, my school, kids school, groceries, chores, etc. I am trying to put together a list of things that have to be done for me and my family before I go into the hospital. I have to: *stock the kitchen with easy foods for my hubby to feed the kids. *stock foods for hubby as well...he should be having WLS in 2 weeks if he gets those last 20lbs lost!! *stock with stuff that I am going to need after WLS...cannot rely on hubby to take care of all that. I was going to make up some pureed foods and freeze them in ice cube trays like I did when I made my babies their food. *living will...God, I hate that *letters to people...if I can bring myself to do that. I think it is a great idea, but I am not sure I can do it. *clean the house...geeze...it never ends!! *pack like a maniac just in case we do get the house before my WLS. *pack a bag---and figure out what I need to take with me to the hospital *MP3 player with my favorite songs *slippers *feminine hygeine stuff *books and book light *asthma meds *tolietries *2 pillows...one extra for my head and one for my tummy I heard the tummy one was nice for laughing and coughing *put clean sheets on the bed for when I return *have a tray of everything I might need next to the bed for when I return *ask friend to be my buddy in the hospital...hubby will be busy with the kids and work *finish planning all cub scout stuff Okay...what am I missing?!?! LOL Smile, Donna
missoulamiss
on 8/8/05 6:49 am - Queens, NY
Hi Donna - Great list you've got going! Folks seem to emphasize chapstick/lip balm as well. Good luck! Sounds like you're under control. Mary Mc
Shana L.
on 8/8/05 7:09 pm - Jerusalem, Israel
it's a great list- i need to do that too! How about a sippy cup for the hospital? i've seen a bunch of people recommend those so you don't drink too much at once. Also, your list of why you're doing this!
dkdotz
on 8/9/05 11:41 pm - Oceanside, NY
Thanks for the great additions to my list!!! I have added them all!! Shana, check out my profile to see the list of reasons why I am doing this surgery!! I have to add a few more...but it is a pretty long list!! LOL Thanks all, Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views