Motivation to lose the last 40 pounds

Marilyn P.
on 1/26/04 1:46 am - Douglasville, GA
Hi Gang, Well.....the honeymoon is over. The weight has stopped "falling off". I feel great, eat anything I want, and have stopped losing. What I need now, is to get back on track. Do you have any helpful hints to jump start the weight loss process again? I started going back to Gold's Gym last week, cut down on simple carbs, curbed the snacking and I'm getting more rest. It's not as much fun as it used to be. I'm still on the Obesity scale, sure would like to be "overweight".
Wendy G.
on 2/6/04 8:57 am - Penacook, NH
Funny I too need to loose 50 more lbs. Im glad im not the only one that is having a hard time getting back on track. Too bad we dont have those same feelings of not wanting to snack or even eat lol. Coz it sure would be alot easier then it is now. Im inquiring to get my tummy tuck but want to loose that weight before I do it. Anyone out there have any suggestions at all to get back on track please post it here.
Donna P.
on 5/28/04 6:58 am - Littlefield, TX
I am in the same boat as you. I still need to lose 40 pounds. I've lost my motivation and will. I am still in the "Obese" status too. bummer. This is not what I expected. Sweets, snacks and soda do not bother me, but foods do so it's easier to eat wrong. Donna
Heather M.
on 6/17/05 4:54 am - Duluth, GA
Well seems like there are more of us than we realize. I need to lose another 40 lbs too and finding the motivation that I had when I first became post op is difficult. I even find it hard to believe that it's almost four years since I had surgery. What I'm doing is what it sounds like the rest of you are doing, going back to the basics. I don't have problems with the sugary stuff either. It has always been the salty chips for me.. So I don't buy them or buy them only in a single serving so I don't have them hanging around. I too wish that the feeling of not wanting to eat was still there. I sometimes don't have that feeling of satiety I used to have after surgery. I think I miss that the most. The actual feeling of being full after a realistic amount of food. One doctor told me that I was now "Like the rest of us." Meaning I have to control myself. :P Good luck to us all as we get our cabooses back on track! HeatherM I too would like to just be "overweight" but sure am glad to be out of the super mobidly obese catagory!
Most Active
Recent Topics
still thin
dolliegagnier · 2 replies · 1116 views
Gaining weight
bullwinkle22 · 1 replies · 604 views
6+ Years RNY Post-Op SUCCESS
Salgal01 · 1 replies · 719 views