Difficulty with "FOOD" but not with "JUNK"...m

Donna P.
on 5/28/04 10:44 pm - Littlefield, TX
Regular foods that I am supposed to eat make me sick, but junk foods don't. I am trying very hard to stay away from the junk foods, but it is so much easier to eat something you know you won't get sick on when you are hungry. I still have 40 pounds to lose, 3 1/2 years post op. HELP!! Hugs, Donna
Linda S.
on 6/10/04 4:23 pm - Medford, OR
Hi Donna, My name is Linda Swearingen and I had surgery 2 and a half years ago...and I have become a terrible grazer!! I lost to goal 122 and have gained 25 pounds!! I am so mad at me....so I can relate to your story. And yes, I do have a much harder time with the good stuff than I do the junk foods! Could be in my head, but I actually get stomach pains until I vomit if I eat certain things. Apples are still really bad, dry meat isn't too good either. I have been getting so discouraged....I need to do something positive for myself and I am not sure how to even go about that. The positive things I should do for me...is get in the habit of going to the gym...I love my yoga class, that I have only gone to a few times, and I love working out on the machines at they gym. My almost 18 year old daughter goes with me, which is fun and she needs it too. She is the only one of kids that has a weight problem since puberty....she is weighing about 195 currently and is only 5'1". Not too good. We promised each other that next week when we get back from up north and her cousins college graduation that we are going to hit it....I really believe that consistancy is the key to just about everything. If we have a desire to accomplish anything, it will never work if we are not persistant and consistant!! Well, write and let me know how you are doing. I will do the same......hopefully my memory won't fail me....if it does, please write to remind me to write you...hehehehe. K?.....k Sincerely, Linda
paulag457
on 10/15/04 2:51 am - Franklin, MA
Hi Donna, I am really struggling lately and started back on the AMOS web page to see if I could get some help. I saw your posting and can so relate to what you are saying. I am 3 yrs post op and last Oct had to have throat scopes done for ulceration where they reattached my pouch. I was vomiting almost everything - I was happy at that weight though and was scheduled to have my TT done. But since they opened the area that was ulcerated and had scar tissue I have gained 20 pounds - I now hate myself again and can't seem to get back on track. Recently I joined Weigh****chers but still love the junk even though I only eat a small amount. The small amount of Junk can make such a big impact. I'd like to talk with you to see how you are doing. Write back if you can
Donna P.
on 10/15/04 3:08 am - Littlefield, TX
Hi Linda, I am still having some problems but not as bad. I am eaing better, more nutricious and much smaller portions. The problem I am having is I am severly anemic. The Dr. tells me to "eat and don't worry about the weight". The other problem is this...I was not informed of what is expected of me post op..."to buy and live on protein shakes, bars and supplements". I never missed a vitamin, calcium or b supplement. I took them 2 times a day just like I was told, but yet I am very anemic and everything is too low. I can't lose the rest of the weight, and cannot afford the supplements, drinks and bars. So, I guess I am really not doing any better. I'm sorry. I wish I could give you a better report. Blessings, Donna
leann W.
on 5/28/05 1:16 pm - cocoa, fl
I used to have dumping with high carb foods - but now I don't have any problem with sugars. I try to avoid them, but the truth is that I never hurt after a bowl of cereal, a small frosty or a ice cream cone and I DO have problems if I am not really careful with meat, rice, etc. Some days just to get some calories in I'll grab a regular coke because it is easy and never gives me any trouble. Much of the time I'd just rather forget about eating. But then I've been under alot of stress - not eating during the times that I was too upset shrank my already tiny tummy so eating now is hard.
Most Active
Recent Topics
still thin
dolliegagnier · 2 replies · 1116 views
Gaining weight
bullwinkle22 · 1 replies · 605 views
6+ Years RNY Post-Op SUCCESS
Salgal01 · 1 replies · 719 views