Still Losing ??

talkingkatz
on 7/15/06 5:09 pm - Maple Valley, WA
Still have more to lose - 370/212 - and shouldn't have Plastics until getting to 180. Its taken a loooonnnngggg time to lose these last couple of pounds and I think that I'll have to do some cardio to get more weight off. How are others doing ??? Do you still have more weight you need to take off ???? Do you think you'll get it all off ?
Jennie
on 7/23/06 8:29 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I stopped losing weight 9mos ago. Started at 377, now down to 230. In my opinion, we are def to a point that it takes exercise, exercise, exercise to lose the remaining weight. I wish others would post on here. I think most of us are either at goal or have stopped losing. Although I am not where I want to be scalewise, I can't complain. I haven't gained a pound in 9mos. I have NEVER maintained weight before. It was always lose weight, gain weight..........my body is getting used to this. I don't think I will ever see the "magic" size 8.....but I sure wouldn't consider myself settiling at a size 12! Take care...... Jen
nancylou52
on 7/24/06 10:26 am - Beecher, IL
I went from 382 lbs. to 188 lbs at present. I was as low as 180. I have definitely stopped losing but also can eat so much more It seems like my appetite is back but I know it's really head hunger. I still have not conquered that and will probably have lifelong battle with that. I would like to lose another 20 lbs. but would be happy to maintain @ 180. I am going for hernia repair and tummy tuck next week. Looking forward to that but a little scared of another surgery I, too, need to start exercising more, but that will have to wait until after surgery. I guess we're all pretty much in the same boat. Best to all, Nancy
northern_mama
on 7/25/06 1:04 pm - southwest, MI
I just posted on the Michigan board how I have gained 14 lbs since my lowest weight. I was at 260 prior to surgery and down to 158 and am now at 172. I'm so disgusted at myself. I can't let it continue. I thought maybe I'd gain 10 and stay there but no - it's still going up. I know how this goes. So since I'm not sticking to most of the rules I'm going to start back up again. I have to watch my protein, drink my water, and exercise! I have a beautiful, barely used treadmill. Plus it's summertime so I could walk outside! NO excuses! I'm hoping that I stop eating all the chips and crackers. I need to count my protein, & eat it first. I just got comfortable and went back to old habits. Patty
M_Starlight
on 8/6/06 1:19 am - Nassau, Bahamas
LapBand October 19 2004 I have had 4 fills since my surgery and have continued to lose weight - before each fill I have stopped lossing weight for about 4 to 6 weeks (Thats how I know I need a fill). I started at 315 and am now down to 165, I still have about 5 - 8 lbs to go before I start my journey of plastic surgery (arms, thighs, breats and tummy - and maybe neck). I am still restricted so the amount I eat is controlled though I still am challenged with making smart food decissions and continue to work on reaching for the right choice in fuel for my body. I do exercise - I do the gym/trainer thing, go to curves when I get bored with that and I found out that as a person of healthy weight I love outdoor sports - riding bikes, hiking, swimming etc. I don't recall at anytime in my journey gaining more then a couple of pounds - when my band was loose I could eat a bit more and surprise "did" so I would gain 1 or 2 lbs that is when I would know it was time no more waiting to see if the losing kicked in again. I was a size 24 when I started this journey and am now between an 8 and a 10 - I am amazed that I got here - when I first started this path I thought if I could only get to a size 14 I would be so happy - then when I got there I realized I that I could drop more and was on a good path of weight loss and exercise so here I am almost the 8 that I never even let myself dream of - WOW I could have really never thought. food restriction to me is 1/2 of the total weight loss formula the other 1/2 is exercise - but you have to do something you will COME to enjoy - just keep swimming, just keep swimming...as Dora say's (I do somethings sing that when I am doing laps - it works). I didn't like exercise when I started, but now I enjoy it and look forward (most days) to my doing something doesn't matter what it is just so I move and somehow the exercise puts me more in touch with my body and mind to make better eating decissions - I think it is basiclly the thought that "After that (the workout) I am not going to ruin it with chocolate cake!) Best of luck on your last pounds! I can't wait to get to my transition weight (what I call where I will have to learn to maintain weight, just the next step in the journey). Best, Margaret
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1094 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 689 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 810 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 576 views