Need Help fast

sramirez
on 8/1/06 7:19 am - Greensboro, NC
Hi my fellow OH family I recently moved to Greensboro North Carolina {Guilford County area} and I am looking for some support. I moved from NYC and am no stranger to OH. I had my surgery October 22nd 2004. and have lost a total of 140lbs as of june 2006. Now here is my problem I have only been here for 2 1/2 - 3 weeks and have been eating like crazy I dont know why { is it the fresh country air}. I still cannot eat alot at one sitting but I do find myself picking all day long and since I have been here I have been doing alot of cooking. Its not like in nyc where if I didnt want to cook I could send the kids across the street and they could buy from just about any place to get something to eat and that really helped me keep my eatting down not having to cook big meals all the time just my own and I basically kept on track. So I weighed myself last night and to my surprise I have already gained 11 lbs wow!!!! I couldnt believe it. I realized I was starting to gain, my back was hurting me every night and I could feel some difference and see it in my stomach{looks like Im pregnant lol} all of a sudden.I thought it was gas or something. So as of this morning I searched for the Plateau Buster Diet and am under way. But question is is this what is going to get me back on track? or is there something else I should be doing. today I can say I have been very good and I drinking alot of water and everything. I feel like I have failed myself and I dont want to go backwards really in tears last night I couldnt believe I had fallen off the wagon {as I call it lol} and I am questioning if I can get back on the right track after allowing myself to go wrong. I hope I am not just rambling and someone can understand where I am coming from with all of this. I need to know if there are any support groups in the morning or during the day in my area and I guess I could really use a friend in my area I can call on for mental support. Any advice please give it. I also would like to know where I can get good protien shakes here in NC I am still learning the area and if there are any recommendations on brands. I am really not a big fan of the shakes I do so well with everything else but the shakes make me feel so ill. Thanks for listening and I hope to get to know many of you. Sophia
bikinibound
on 8/3/06 3:12 am - Wilson, NC
I am in the Eastern part of the state but welcome to NC ! I would sugest you post on the NC board and they will be able to tell you about supports groups in that area. Good luck on your continued success ! Lisa
waterlover
on 4/2/08 1:58 am
RNY on 05/28/08 with
Wow Sophia, You are carrying quite a mental load. Moving is a big stresser. Not to be discouraging but it take about two years to feel you be long in a new place. On a brighter and hopefully more helpful note, you are not a "bad" person for "falling off the wagon" as you say. You need comfort and support in this time of upheaval and you have fallen back into your old comfortable habits which we all do. But stop beating yourself up. If there is not a Support group in your area, consider visiting an AAA or ALANON meeting. Consider contacting hospitals/doctors offices in your area with WLS/OH info fliers and start a support group. It is Spring in NC (still snow here in Canada) get out and walk with your kids. Discover a new park every week. Meet you neighbors. Volunteer somewhere. There is no better way to get plugged into you community and make contacts. Contacts equal support, not WL support but you need more than just that. Do something for someone else even if you don't know them Get out of the house and out of the kitchen. Feed your soul. What about a church? If you have a church, get involved in a children's or womens ministry. You are a great person with a lot of love to offer! Our weight struggle is only a very small part of who we truly are. You've have WLS. You've lost 140 #. You have kids and haven't killed them yet. You have done amazing things. You can get past this. You are on my favorites list! LOLove, Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1094 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 689 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 810 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 576 views