Anyone still checking in here?

Jennie
on 9/18/06 12:08 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hello, Our 2 yr anniversary is coming up next month. There haven't been a lot of posts in this board lately. Just wondering how everyone is doing? I have now gotten myself the book "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" by Linda Spangle to start reading. I haven't lost or gained a single pound in the past year and would still like to lose another 50lbs before plastic surgery. I still eat smaller amounts and can never finish a plate when we go out to dinner. But my problem is we eat out all the time. I try to make wiser decisions such as a chicken or fish dinner. But there are always the yummy dinner rolls there that just fill space in my pouch and don't really give me much nutrients. I started the above mentioned book last night along with journaling my feelings about food. I will also be talking to a doctor at the end of next week about food addictions. We will see. Would love to see this board jump started again. I know with us all being 2yrs out, the surgery is not the most important thing going on in our lives currently. But maybe others will post how they feel about food and their current health status regarding the wls.
Richard L.
on 9/19/06 1:27 pm - Albuquerque, NM
I am good
Caroline69
on 9/20/06 9:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Im doin well also just eating a whole lot more
morgansmom
on 9/22/06 3:47 am
I am doing fairly well. I have only lost 10 pounds this last year. I am a size 14 and would like to lose 25 more. I post on the wls grads forum. I started out at 280 and 5'9' am currently 188. The lowest I have ever been is 186.5. I panic if I go above 190. It is easy to slip into bad habits now. I was having a little of this and that and my pants got snug. I have tried to eliminate bad carbs for the last month and increase my exercise. I crave food far less if I do not have white evil carbs, protein first and then see what is left if I feel like eating more.I think that and writing what I eat every day on the WLS grads forum helps.I still want cake cookies and pie but think about them less than I used to, and rarely crave chips, my old friend/enemy like I used to. I did not have any health issues before surgery but did not feel like doing anything. I now go out and walk 4 miles and am not tired at all, go bikeriding with my daughter which I did not do before so I am much happier and more active. I try not to be jealous of others reaching goal and looking better than me, they deserve it. I need to worry about myself, keep on track and just strive to do my best to maintain at least and lose more as able. I appreciate this surgery and am glad I had it done and would do it again in a heartbeat!
Erica P.
on 10/10/06 1:48 am - Staten Island, NY
I haven't been on this forum in such a long time. Many times I just feel like a failure knowing that everyone on this forum had surgery around the same time that I had my surgery and are at or near goal. I still have al least 110lbs to reach my goal of 170lbs. I had so much more to lose than most of the posts I have seen in the past. But I will stay focused and get to goal as best as I can...with GOD's help and using the tool correctly. Keep me in your prayers and I will do the same! Erica
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1094 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 689 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 810 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 576 views