Any Advice? Stuck at 212 lbs.

queenie1908
on 10/29/06 9:32 am - Plymouth, NC
I had my surgery on October 24, 2006. At the time of surgery, I weighed 365 lbs. I lost to 199 around September 2006. My weight has crept back to 212. I am frustrated because I have not reached my goal weight and it has been two years. I am only 5'1" and should be down to at least 130. I still have over 70 lbs to lose. I try to exercise, but I have a new job that requires a lot of traveling. I am getting very discouraged. Is this as small as I am going to get. According to the BMI chart, I am still obese. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried low GI diets and diet pills. Help!!!
talkingkatz
on 10/30/06 9:28 am - Maple Valley, WA
Sounds like you tried this, but since I started having hypoglycemia problems, I've cut down on refined carbs, am getting more protein with protein first and lots of fluids. The weight loss has come down from 212 to 201 in the last 3 months. Hope that helps, I know it is the same old advice, but something is working for me doing this. Hang in there, it should start moving again. Maybe you are at a set-point and when your body is ready to release weight it will if you keep doing the right things. I still want to get to at least 160 at 5'5". Have heard of people losing weight into the 3rd year especially if starting out at higher weight like we did. I started at 370#s.
Kolbrun V.
on 11/5/06 7:59 pm - Kopavogur
Hi I am over two years out and if I don't exercise I gain weight If I want to lose some more weight I have to diet as well. I would advise that you put protein first and then complex carbs. Also remember plenty of 0 calory fluids. This surgery isn't a magical solution and *unfortunately* we still have to put in a lot of work if we want to reach or goals Good luck Kolla 323/143
Tammy McDonald
on 10/17/07 11:26 pm - Mukwonago, WI
I also travel for work and I have worked and struggled with exercise and diet when in the field. Here is what I have finally come up with. I had an old laptop that I converted into a DVD player. I had a excercise program called The Firm that I held on to since before I had surgery. So I bought a mat and some soft hand weights at WalMart and I pack them with me when I am on the road. Granted I drive not fly and that could be a pain but even if the hotel does not have a fitness room I have something I can do. Or, if its nice I take the weights and get out and walk in the evening, won't work too well if its not a safe area but I am lucky enough to be able to do that in most areas I work. I also take protien with me and some Kashi cereal for breakfast instead of eating what is there, usually nothing for us. All carbs and sugar. I am approaching my 3rd "birthday" on October 20th and I still havent made it to goal so I can totally relate to where you're comming from. Don't be too hard on yourself and keep up the good fight. Its hard not to get down on yourself. Keep on Keepin' on, Tammy McD 287, 191, 207(ahhh the bounce back!)
blkcloud38
on 10/20/08 2:17 am - Riverside, CA
Hi
   I used to hit plateus. I learned in fat class what to do.  water,water,water, I hated regular exercise. So I take my dog on walks. We both enjoy it. Plus I'm 4 years out and still drink protein shakes. Now I'm to thin. I only weigh 104 pounds. So good luck you can do it.
blkcloud38
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1094 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 689 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 810 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 576 views