New to the Board and I've got a surgery date...10/1

Victoria F.
on 8/29/04 4:11 am - Garland, TX
This is my first time to post on this board. I have a surgery date for RNY on October 1st. I am both happy and scared at the same time. I am suppose to have an EGD in Sept. and some other preop testing. I am 55 yrs old and figure it is definitely not too late to change my life for the better. I have a lot of hope now. regards, Victoria
Pamela C.
on 8/29/04 6:11 am - Davenport, FL
Victoria, I have my date as Oct. 1st as well and am feeling much like you, nervous and excited. I am 48 and I am looking forward to being able to have a more active lifestyle after the surgery. Hold positive thoughts and imagine yourself recovering wonderfully! Pam C
Victoria F.
on 8/29/04 7:01 am - Garland, TX
Pam, That is great! I just know Oct. 1st will be a great day for both of us and a wonderful new beginning. Thank you for the well wishes. I will check with you as the time nears. I know I will get more nervous but it is not about the kind of surgery. It is nervousness about surgery in general. I feel good about my choice to do the surgery. Yes, keeping positive thoughts is good advice. Thanks. Victoria F.
judy G.
on 8/29/04 8:26 pm - wingo, KY
Congradulations Victoria,on your date10/01/04. Mine is 10/05/04
Kimanne B
on 8/29/04 8:31 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Congratulations Victoria, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers Love God, Kimanne
Oh, Donna
on 9/7/04 9:54 am - North Bay Area, CA
My mom is 59 and I think she might be having RNY in Oct. also! Donna
Victoria F.
on 9/7/04 1:19 pm - Garland, TX
Hello Donna, Thanks for your post. October is getting closer and closer. I read your profile and see that you are hoping to get scheduled for Oct. surgery too. That would be great if you and your Mom had it the same month. You would be able to relate to hers and vice versa. Congrats to your Mom for going for it at age 59....she and I both will probably only wish we had done it sooner.....but better late than never. I wish you both the best in getting those surgery dates secured soon. I know it is frustrating to have to keep waiting to get scheduled. Hang in there, it will happen for you both. I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers. regards, Victoria F.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1096 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views