OH MY :-o

Kolbrun V.
on 8/23/05 11:12 pm - Kopavogur
I just realized that I am half the person I was a few years ago. My highest weight peaked at 327 lbs and I am currently 163 lbs! That means that I have lost 164 lbs since my highest weight!!! It's incredible!!! I still have 23 lbs to go to my goal but I am very happy just where I am. The pounds are definately coming off slower now but they are coming off one by one. I am a bit worried about my next surgeon's appointment which is on September 19th. There were two of us who went through the surgery the same day and the other one has now reached her goal while I still have 23 lbs to go. Granted she had a lot less to lose than I did (started at 270 lbs and her goal was set at 148 lbs). She just went to see our surgeon and he said that she was exactly the kind of patient that they wanted, had reached her goal in record time. I try not to think about if they will be less satisfied with me because I have not yet reached my goal but the thought about that appointment still gives me angst... Well, I started this post with wanting to share my good news and feelings but ended in sharing my angst Hope all of you are doing well Best from Iceland Kolla Highest weight -> 327 Before surgery -> 304 Today -> 163 Goal -> 140
Lisa L.
on 8/24/05 1:32 am - Rochester, MN
All I have to say is WOW! If anyone is anything less than thrilled with how you are doing at the doc's office....tell them to take their opinion and shove it where the sun don't shine! Not only have you cut your weight in HALF! (HOLY MOLY!) But you look amazing! Less than 25 lbs to go! Amazing girl! Congrats and keep it up! ~Lisa -117.6 lbs 291/173.4 lbs (doc's goal)
Kolbrun V.
on 8/25/05 1:29 am - Kopavogur
Thanks Lisa I know I'm being silly but it's so easy to get carried away in this comparison stuff. I know that each one of us is different. I haven't been disapointed with my results thus far and if the doc's are, then it's their problem Congratulations on reaching your goal Best from Iceland Kolla Highest weight -> 327 Before surgery -> 304 Today -> 163 Goal -> 140
Kolbrun V.
on 8/25/05 10:11 pm - Kopavogur
Wow Jo! Loved your pictures!!! You are very beautiful The board IS very slow. I have even been browsing through the November and December message boards in order to find some "action" Best from Iceland Kolla Highest weight -> 327 Before surgery -> 304 Today -> 163 Goal -> 140
kisaacso
on 8/26/05 2:16 am - Stockbridge, GA
Hi! Congrats to you on your successful journey. You look great. Its strange on how we see ourselves now since the surgery. I've never worried about reaching a certain weight goal just wanted to get my live back. Look at where you have been & where you are now! We are so proud of you and even if you don't reach your goal, who cares! You are healthy & if like me you have your life back. Whats 20 lbs; remember we all have excess skin which probably weighs 20 lbs or more which you can't lose & surgery is the only cure for that. Love yourself, we love you, Our lives are blessed! Highest weight -> 310; Before surgery -> 276; Today -> 159 Goal -> No goal just wanted to have a life again; Size -> from 26/28 to 10
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1097 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views