October Roll Call

Sheryl in So Cali
on 9/1/05 1:43 pm - San Clemente, CA
Hello everyone Sorry I missed last months posting. It's time for us to toot our own horns!! How are you doing? Any problems? Hints? Confessions? I'll start Surgery date: Oct 11 Starting weight: 334 Weight now: 194 Loss: -140 (WOO-HOO) Goal: about 20 - 25 more, if I can I am happy at 194 but would like to lose a bit more. I cannot remember when the last time I was under 200. Anyone else have people tell you you shouldn't lose any more weight? I am amazed when someone says this. PEOPLE I am still at 194 how can they say not to lose more? I have decided the best answer to everyone is "Oh a few more pounds is all". I have to laugh at myself. I am healthier than I have been in years and go to the gym regularly. In the last month, I have had shin splints and pulled a muscle under my rib cage. A year ago my ribs were hidden under hundreds of pound of fat...now I strained a muscle? My doctor laughs at me when I come in...ok what did you do now? We all have surgiversaries or re-birthdays next month. Can you believe it's been a year already? Have you made progress like you imagined? I still shake my head when I see my reflection in a window, sometimes not recognizing me!! Anyone on maintenance? How and what are you doing for maintaining your weight and not gaining? Anyone have or having PS? How did it go? Lots of questions.....your turn Sheryl
Kolbrun V.
on 9/1/05 6:49 pm - Kopavogur
Hey Sheryl! First I have to say that you look WONDERFUL!!! It's amazing how people just emerge and glow after this surgery I have mostly been plateauing for the past 2 1/2 months but I have lost inches. I've lost half of my highest weight and I am very happy about that I still have about 20 lbs to go to goal and I have been wondering how to manage that. I would not have believed that the last 20 lbs could be so stubborn I am thinking of giving my body a bit more time to catch up with all the weight loss thus far and then plunge into heavy exercise and a strict diet before Christmas to get these last 20 lbs off me. It's going to be hard work but it will be sooo worth it I will need a TT but I have no children so I want to carry them first. I have PCOS and have been unable to conceive but the surgery and the resultant weight loss has given me hope that I will be able to have children I am taking in about 1000 calories per day. Sometimes I reach 1200 but I also walk at least 3 miles every single day and each weekend I hike about 10 miles. I exercise at the gym 4 times a week now, take my vitamins and drink plenty of water. I love making healthy choices for myself and that is, perhaps, the most surprising thing of all for me. I didn't expect that. I have never treated myself as well and respectfully as I do now. Thank you all for this board. I wi**** was more active but at least it's there I come here regularly to read, write, share, rejoice and support. I think that you are all incredible people. It takes a strong person to make the decision to let go of overeating. Obesity is a horrible safety blanket that robs us of our freedom and the chance to live a full life. Thank God for this surgery Best of luck to you all and congratulations on your new lease on life Kolla Highest weight -> 327 Before surgery -> 304 Today -> 163 Goal -> 140 (would be happy at 150 though)
paisleygirl
on 9/1/05 9:27 pm - Selma, CA
Hi Everyone, I cant believe we are all approaching our one year anniversaries... it still amazes me everyday... we have all come along way... Surgery Date: 10/20/04 Starting Weight: 333 lbs Weight Now: 180 lbs Loss of: 153 lbs goal: 170 lbs (but if i could have my lower body lift and tt then i would be below my goal, praying everyday my insurance will cover it so i can get some relief from the lower back pain) I have gone from a size 30/32, and yesterday bought a pair of 11/12 low rise jeans (which im learning to hate, hard to find regular jeans anymore, have to wear the girdle to keep all the excess skin from flowing over)... OMG... I about fainted... WOOOO HOOOO ... after losing my first 100 lbs i looked in the mirror and could see the huge change and liked what i saw... but, for some reason lately... i look in the mirror and have a hard time believing the size i am now wearing... kind of weird... not sure why im letting my head play tricks on me... if i could just get my plastic surgery me and my back would feel so much better... not to mention i could get into a size 9... last time i wore that size i was in the 7th grade... WOW... So that's about it for now... im keeping my fingers crossed that my dr. will find me a surgeon... and then pray my ins covers it ... anyways... i will keep everyone up to date... Keep up the good work everyone and were all big losers... WOOO HOOO Leslie
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 9/1/05 11:56 pm - Dexter, ME
Hello all, My weight loss has been very slow but it has been coming off. About 5 pounds a month. I wish I could got out and walk. I know it would make such a differance. I go back to the sergeon next month to see about knee replacements. Then look out world here I come. I am able to go shopping and not have to use a ride on cart. That is sooo wonderful. I can reach the top shelves and go through the small spaces between racks of clothes. I've had to move the car seat ahead and I don't have to tip the steering wheel up anymore. I have about 5 inches between it and me. Sometimes I look down at this space and ask, is this really me? I've gone from a 24 jeans to a baggy 16. I haven't been in a 16 for over 30 years. ( tears of joy here) I'm so glad I had this surgery. My highest weight was in 1997, I was 315# At my first consult------267.5 day of surgery-------258.8 today-------174 Thats 93.5 pounds down from day of consult and 141 down from my highest. I would like to take off 35--40 more. I'm hoping to lose 10# by my 1 year checkup so I will be past the 100#s lost mark. Many blessings to all, Brokenwing
Skinny Gurl
on 9/2/05 12:42 am - York, SC
Well, it sure is hard to believe that it has been almost a year. But it has been the best 10 months of my life! A new, and much happier person has emerged, and I am endlessly thankful for it! I too have had people tell me that I have lost enough, but I have my personal goals, and I plan to obtain them. I am healthier now than I have ever been - and I have learned how to live a healthy lifestyle. I am glad to hear everyone else is doing so well also!!! Starting Weight: 280 Weight Now: 154 Weight Lost: -126 (YAY!!!) Goal: to weigh 140 (about 14 more to go!!!) Jolene
kisaacso
on 9/2/05 2:43 am - Stockbridge, GA
Hi Everyone! All is well with me. This is where I am at as of today: Wt before surgery:310 Wt day of surgery: 276 Wt as if today: 159lbs Total weight loss: 157lbs. Size 26/28 to size 8. I'm told all the time that I'm too small & need to quit losing weight. I just look at them & state I'll level off by next year. Not worried. Gotta get back to work just wanted to update & say Hi! Everyone!
LORILARSEN
on 9/2/05 2:48 am - McFarland, WI
Hello everyone. I check in now and then. I can't believe either that one year will be hear so soon. I am kind of scared. All you hear about is the window of opportunity the first year. What happens then? I have done very well, don't get me wrong. I just still feel like it is all a dream and when that magic day comes I will wake up and it will all go away like some bad nightmare. I started out in a size 26 jeans and while on vacation I did a lot of shopping and bought a new pair of Tommy jeans size 4. That is crazy. I went with my children to school yesterday and felt like a "normal" mom! Parents from last year didn't even recognize me I think. They thought we were new to the district. I am going with my daughter on the 6th grade camping trip in 2 weeks. How much fun, and I am so excited. I could not have even imagined that last year. Take care and congrats to us all. Lori 280 start/149now/140goal (only 9 more to go!!!!!!!)
Bettyj
on 9/2/05 10:10 am - University City, MO
Almost a year for me. I'm grateful for my loss so far but I'm so close to getting under 200 I get disappointed. It seems I've been stuck for a couple of months. I still lose a few inches but I'm impatient when I see how much others have lost. One good thing I use to buy 3X shirts and found out today I can fit some medium and a few smalls. I started at 317 today I'm 203. So close. I still can only eat 1/2 cup. No salad, it upsets my pouch. I can drink soda if its not really cold or carbonated. I drink diet coke or rootbeer. Frustrated!
northern_mama
on 9/3/05 11:40 pm - southwest, MI
Surgery date: Oct 22 Starting weight: 260 Weight now: 162 Loss: -98 Goal: 155 or so I can't seem to lose these 2 lbs to make it to the century club. I'm still hopeful though. I have not been paying attention to protein and haven't been exercising. I'm hoping to change that this week since I have been so tired. My doctor thought that walking and getting in the protein would help my moods and my energy level. It's so easy for me to get distracted and get off track. Good luck to all! Patty
deborah G.
on 9/6/05 6:01 am - sydney, Canada
hi there Funny i find myself thinking WOW its almost been a year already sometimes seems like it was just last month. Lets see alot has changed as i suspect it has for most of us. Ive been lucky without c omplications and been really easy loosing. Im now at the maintance stage and currently seeing a local nutricionalist to try and remain at the weight i am at now. Its hard to figure out how to maintain my body just wants to keep on loosing. Which 6 months ago id been jumping up and down but now it has me a lil nervous. Never thought id be content to see the scale stay the same for a week Im still loosing 10 to 15 a month and have abmi of like 22 now without plastics to take care of the excess skin. I do have a consulation for a panictomy on the 26th of this month so ill cross my fingers and toes that insurance covers it and the surgeon deems it nessesary. Starting weight was 283 Height 5 91/2 Surgery date october 21 2004 Currently at 153 total loss -130 Maintance stage now Plastic tummy tuck consult on the 26th Anyone have plastics yet if so how did it go? Anyone trying to maintain if so how are you doing it? Well thats it for me for now tata congrats to all of us kindest regards deborah gale nova scotia canada
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1096 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views