One year birthday - keep posting!

talkingkatz
on 10/12/05 10:00 am - Maple Valley, WA
Just have to post today as my surgery anniversary is today. It was 10/12/04 and am down 134 pounds. Congratulations to all of us October '04 WLS folks - how are your lives better??? I hope people in this group keep posting - notice prior year's groups drop off and it is good to be able to see how others are doing. 370/236/150-170 -134 another 76 ??? Is that possible in the 2nd year?
tlynn
on 10/12/05 1:02 pm - new baden, IL
Today was my one year anniversary too! I can't believe it's been that long. I've lost 107lbs and want to lose another 59lbs. I have reached a plateau and need to start exercising. My life is definitely better. Much more energy. Good luck to everyone.....and yes another 76 is possible!
jencripps
on 10/12/05 11:14 pm - Allen Park, MI
My one year was also 10/12.... I feel absolutely wonderful. Life couldn't be better. This is the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I have lost 115 lbs so far and I would like to loose another 15-20... then go in for reconstructive. Quite honestly, I am at 183 right now wearing a size 12-14, if I never lose another pound, I will be fine... I just want to get rid of this lose skin which will take off another 7-8 lbs (or more) but a lot of inches... Take Care, Jen 298.4/183/165
BlkNectar
on 10/26/05 6:19 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 10/05/04 with
I have to comment, the SKIN THING" that is a big issue. I am older and although I look great in clothes, when I take them off, I cringe. I have a hangind stomach not that bad as I exercize. My arms are a sight and I tell you, the scars well, I can live with them. It is so important that a person look at the skin thing before they have the surgery, they have just one thing on their mind and it's understandable, but when the end results come, if you don't have the money for the surgery, you are somewhat in the same boat, but you have a motor. Best of luck and if you have some information on skin removal that is affordable, then please e-mail me [email protected] Thanks and good luck Jannie 256/175 10/12 fomr 18-20W
slimsweetie2004
on 10/13/05 7:33 am - Clayton, IN
Where did the year go? It went so fast .... 10/6/04, I started at 288 and a snug size 28. I am now down to 163 (+/-) and a snug size 12. I dont remember ever wearing a size 12! So that is really awesome. I finally "feel" pretty! I was diagnosed with ulcers (must have been 2, at least) in March 2005 - and by 7/22/05 one has healed, the other has not. So I go back for a check up in January 2006 ... hoping everything else is healed up. My labs, I found out, from my 1 year check up, showed the iron and calcium being low...and something else. Anyway, my surgeon upped my multivitamin to 3 a day (from just 1), wanted me to take an iron supplement, and also B1 or Thiamin. Then go back to her in 6 months. I think, from what she said, I may be a little anemic or something. So .. in 6 months, I am hoping these things look better too. I havent been exercising like I know that I should .. so for the past couple months or so, it seems like I have been stuck losing and gaining the same 8 lbs or so. Cant seem to lose anymore. I have some flabby stuff around the waist and upper thigh that I'd LIKE to get rid of .. but if it dont go, I guess I am happy where I am at. ...long as I dont gain any back. I never had set a goal, but if I had one, it would have been 150. So I am not too far off. My marriage was on the rocks, then filed for divorce, and as of the last few months, we've been trying to work on things. Not sure where that will go - but we will see. I STILL, even after 1 year, run into folks who havent seen me forever - and they cannot believe the changes, or simply dont even recognize me at all! So thats still fun. Some thing I have lost too much ... but for now, I am ok. Anxious to see what this NEXT year holds for me .. and for us ....
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1097 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views