One Year Anniversary!

kisaacso
on 10/14/05 3:04 am - Stockbridge, GA
Wow! Does not seem like its been a year as of today since I have had the surgery. Current weight: 153 wt day of surgery: 176 wt beginning journey: 310 Total weight loss to date: 157lbs From size 26/28 to an 8 Still in awe when I look at myself and see how much weight I have lost and what size clothes I wear now. Very grateful to my insurance company & doctors who have given me my life back. Here's to all the October WLS Members - Congratulations!!!!! So everyone stand up & take a bow & be proud of where you are now & where you have been!
My3 S.
on 10/14/05 6:27 am - Miami, FL
Congratulations!!!! WOW!!! Any secrets to your success, that you can share???!!! You have sure lost a lot!!! You look marvelous!!!
Fatfree102604
on 10/18/05 2:50 am - HAWLEY, PA
Hello Karen...congratulations fellow October WLS buddy!!! Most important and above all, God bless you for your new healthier body due to all the people you stated in your message and certainly yourself. You have done a marvelous job. And a full time job it is...I can testify to that myself. Now, Have I missed something or am I totally brain dead today...in anguish over wanting to lose at least another 10 lbs in the next 8 days. More would be even more welcome. Okay, I will get real here...on with the story... About missing something or being brain dead... Did you not write that you currently weigh 153#'s, and that on the day of your surgery you weighed 176#'s? Okay, here is where I may be brain dead...help me pleeeeezzzeee!!! Doesn't 176-153=23? That is 23 lbs! Why would you even consider having WLS if you only needed to lose 23 pounds? I don't mean to sound critical if I do or am sounding that way. I am only trying to understand something and possibly educate myself here. Your total weight loss today is 157 pounds. Does that mean that you lost 134 pounds on your own before you had wls? If you could lose that much on your own...why would you need the surgery? I know there is a deep lesson I am going to learn hear, after I get the answer to this puzzle in MY head. Thanks in advance for helping me to see/understand clearly! Audrey PS: Once again, congratulations on your anniversary and new lifestyle!
minime
on 10/18/05 9:20 pm - Littleton, NC
WTG!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1096 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile