HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

nancylou52
on 10/18/05 10:47 am - Beecher, IL
Happy anniversary to me and all my October surgery buddies. As I was taking a shower tonight, I was thinking of where I was 1 year ago (just coming out of surgery and in alot of pain ). Then I got to thinking of all the changes that have taken place as a result of the surgery. I'm sure all of us could list many different things but also many things we have in common. I can't resist listing just a few 1. I feel GREAT!! I have more energy now than, I think, I ever had. 2. Food no longer has control of me. I have control of it. I still have to work at it every day but I can do it now. 3. My self esteem has returned and as a result, I'm becoming the person I've always wanted to be. 4. I don't get out of breath. 5. I fit into theater chairs, carnival ride seats, and "normal" people furniture. 6. I don't work up a sweat taking a shower and drying off 7. I can wear a swim suit and not be TOO embarassed. 8. I enjoy walking and no longer look for a parking place near the stores. 9. I enjoy shopping (and don't work up sweat trying on clothes ). 10. I don't work up a sweat over every little exertion. 11. I can reach places on my body I only dreamed about a year ago. I think I've listed enough for now, but still need to mention the biggest change in the past year. Ready ? ? ? I HAVE LOST 1 7 6 POUNDS Congratulations to all of us, Nancy
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 10/18/05 1:13 pm - Dexter, ME
I have just one word that comes to mind, WOW!!!!!!! Condratulations, Brokenwing
minime
on 10/18/05 9:16 pm - Littleton, NC
Yes, its all good. I am also 1 year and 18 days out.130lbs gone and 30 more to go. HAPPY RE-BIRTHDAY TO ALL OCT 2004 POST OPS.
My3 S.
on 10/19/05 12:07 am - Miami, FL
Congratulations, what an accopmlishment!!! Continued Sucess...
infoquest
on 10/19/05 8:08 am - North Oakland County, MI
Wow Nancy you have worked the program and it paid off well! You are one of the most successful WLS patient that I have seen so far. I am proud of you and I have no dought that you will continue to be successful. Great Job! Take Care Janice
BlkNectar
on 10/26/05 6:09 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 10/05/04 with
WOW You have done great and I am sop pleased for all of us!!! We deserve to have at leat 15 years taken off our lives to live again the right way!! Jannie 256/175 18-20W 10/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1097 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views