WLS and estrogen

nineballoons
on 11/19/05 8:31 pm - Pensacola, FL
Has anyone in their experience with WLS had the surgery throw them into perimenopause? I'm 41. I've had menopausal symptoms and been going back and forth to doctors regarding the symptoms trying to get relief. The worst of the symptoms are the constant migraines and insomnia. Any thoughts? What did you do? It took almost a month but my doctor gave me an estrogen patch and didn't run any FSH test or anything on me. I saw a gyn yesterday and she wants me off the patch for 2 weeks and then get a level. But she treated me as if I was taking her time for just migraines. I seriously doubt vaginal dryness has anything to do with headaches LOL. Please reply. Thanks. Stephanie
talkingkatz
on 11/20/05 1:08 pm - Maple Valley, WA
Think I was peri-menopausal prior to the surgery. Since the surgery - think maybe the surgery sent me into menopause - hard to tell. But, I never had a period after the surgery - was going that direction anyway. I think my migraines before it all started may have been related to hormones. Was prescribed a calcium blocker and the migraines stopped. I'm so glad that worked. Not sure to take the estrogen or not. I'm not sure WHY to take it. What are the advantages? Need to get into the gyn doc.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1097 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views