So excited to have my surgery 10/11

sliptau
on 9/1/11 9:39 am - Bristow, VA
Hi all!

I'm having surgery on 10/18.  I'm excited, but so totally freaked too. I'm not real big on blogs, and support groups, but i figured this was a big enough change in my life that I better reach out.

I wish everyone much success!
RainDiva
on 9/4/11 12:35 am
Hi Mandy!

I am also having surgery on Oct 11 and my name is Mandy also lol. We will have to help each other

Keep in touch
Mandy

jennak88
on 9/15/11 11:05 pm - Anchorage, AK

HI, I am nervous still and excited.... I am still on for Oct 24, 2011. I leave Alaska Oct 23, 2011. to california.

Juanita K.
on 9/17/11 12:22 pm - West Columbia, SC
hey everyone I just compleated my 6 months this past Tuesday Sept.13
I got a called from doctor  Friday and was told th my surgery is set for Oct 11 th I am having the RNY Bypass   this is my frist post  even though I have been doing research sence Nov 2008        I am so excited
and a little nervous                    Juanita

Juanita

OBRN
on 9/18/11 4:10 am
I am also having my gastric bypass on Oct 11, 2011!  I am also very excited and very nervous.  I am certainly going to be thinking of everyone when I am in pre - op and hoping everyone is doing well.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 in the morning....so I won't be getting too much sleep the night before. Good luck to everyone :)

Lyn W.
on 9/19/11 6:58 am - Roxboro, NC
I'm also scheduled for Oct 3rd 2011~ YEAHHHH!!!!
pataroony
on 9/20/11 12:03 pm - Chilliwack, Canada
Hi Lyn:  I'm sleeved on the oct 3rd also...Can't wait!  Of course, I need to start on no/low fat tomorrow...gotta be pretty darned organized from now on.  I did mix some chocoate whey powder with my starbucks non-fat decaff. late - tasted okay.
Pat

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 10:54 am - IL
I am so excited for you.. I am scheduled to have my surgery on 10/6/11 and I am super nervous and excited. I dont know how to prepare for the Pre-Surgery Diet so that I dont mess up.. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that you have much sucess.. Stay in touch..
ADW222
on 9/21/11 9:18 am - ENCINO, CA
I have VSG surgery October 4, 2011 in Irvine, Ca. Can't wait. Everyone add me!! I love to watch peoples journeys.
jennak88
on 9/22/11 11:44 pm - Anchorage, AK
Awesome every one........... I was wrong my surgery date is October 25, 2011. The joys of working nights. I cant believe I leave Alaska in 1 month, to California. I am excited and scared.  I sure wish these Pototo Chip Cravings would go away...OHHH how I have gotten off track of getting my excerise.... UGH..... I know that is the most important. 
 I get cravings about once a week... I have to resist the urge, I know..... , I know I can do it..... I have done it before, since starting my Pre-Op Liver diet, I have learned about my self and also that I do miss SODA....... its been a while...

I started about 286 lbs and now I am down to about 260 - 265 lbs.I am now used to the Protien Shakes 2 times a day..... my stomach sure is.. I hope to loose more before I go down, I so miss Sushi and Taco Bell,,,,, ohhhh I better stop now. I know McDonald's had some good chicken snack wraps, I just dont get the ranch dressing in them.

I know before I head down to California, I am going to stock my Cabinets with Post Op freindly foods, so I don't have to scramble when I head back.  I might ask my Dad if he can take me to the JBER commisary..... might be cheaper....

I know I am glad my work place I accomodating with how I am using my Personal Leave, I am also using FMLA... I know seems weird but it covers me when I get back to work....

Ohhh I forgot to say I work nights..... should be different when I get back to work from Surgery..... I know on Oct 11, 2011, I have to stop taking all blood thinner medication and Yes, I will stop drinking coffee, with all that darn creamer,..... I think I should not use as much creamer...

So this weekend  ( my days off since I work Wednesday - Sunday), I need to make a list of things I need to do before I leave.... Check winter tires put on... Update IM on car..... and lots more....... yeah and going to make some pit spots at the book store for books to take while in the hospital and some coloring books..... sounds cheezy I know,,,, sure does ease stress..and take my mind of things..and take a couple of CD's and CD player...

So hope yall have a good day..... and yes I am looking for freinds to add on here...... 
Most Active
Recent Topics