So excited to have my surgery 10/11

Mandy R.
on 4/20/11 4:34 am - Callahan, FL
I guess I am the first one to post, I am doing 6 months of nutrion classes now and will be scheduled for my surgery sometime 10/11.  I can't wait to meet others of you that are going through this journey also :)
Mandy
mslady3
on 7/23/11 9:04 am - WI
I am getting ready for my surgery sometime in October as well. I also had to see a nutritionist and have several test done , but my doctor said the middle or end of October. I am so excited and nervous.
Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 11:53 am
how are things coming long for your surgery? i saw that your date might be soon!
i started a group for sept/oct/nov wls patients so we could all support each other and compare notes! i am looking for support and freinds to share the journey with. i can add surgery dates as events so we can keep track in one place!
any suggestions are welcome, and please spread the word!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

chunkymonkeylvr
on 7/31/11 3:35 pm - KY
 I am in the last stages as well to get my surgery either the last week of September or the first week of October.

All I have left to do is the last dr appt, a support class, and my Psych Eval.  The Dr. visit is the last thing the insurance needs, and that is when I will submit to insurance.  A Coworker just had hers done on Wed. Insurance approved her no problem, so I am hoping that they will have no problem with me :)

I have completled so much to get this done.
An overview with the surgeon, who I love!
A doctor visit once a month for 6 months
An EGD for GERD
Sleep Study
Meeting with the dietician

I am soo ready for this!  I cannot wait to be healthier!

Amanda S.
on 8/2/11 10:36 am - Mayfield, KY
VSG on 02/21/12
I too am expecting to have surgery in October. I could have it in September but I am taking a class that I can only miss one day of before I have to repeat the entire thing so I'm choosing to wait until after the class is over in October. I see the surgeon again on Thursday so we may discuss dates then. I just had my endoscopy Monday and have 1 more support group and my Psych Eval. and I'm good to go!
jennak88
on 8/11/11 11:33 pm - Anchorage, AK
I am too, doing surgery in October 25, 2011. I am self pay, my insurance will not pay and was denied, I tried appealing and was denied again. Actually is the 3rd party adjustor, that deals with my company insurance here locally. I really can't go into it.

I already see a Dietitian for my Diabetes and I am starting my Pre-Gastric Sleeve diet. This is my first day. So much to change in eating wise. UGHGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH. . Well that is a good thing, since I will have to get used to have the right food,

I have done all the test, for this so far and loved getting my Sleep Study, I had to do it Twice, and Phy Evaluation is done. I had to get poked 4 times on 8/11/11 to get my blood work done for my surgeon and Diabetes Doctor.

Yeah, I live in Anchorage, Alaska and I am going out of state to get this surgery done. I will be off work for 4 weeks or so, I have enought leave saved up until then,

So my lunch will be a Protien Meal Replacement, its my first time trying it and I have to use water. I am glad I have an Electircal blenders.

Happy Trails. 

Leolioness
on 8/23/11 5:11 am - OR
Yay!!  I have been approved and have a surgery date of October 11!!!  Sooooo excited to have it done.  I'm sure I am going to drive everyone around me crazy by the time it finally arrives.  Patience is not one of my virtures.  :-) 
RainDiva
on 8/27/11 1:25 pm
My Surgery date is Oct 11 too. I hope all goes well for us
Keep in touch

Mandy

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 4:50 am, edited 8/29/11 4:52 am
 Hello! I finally made it through the process and was scheduled for 10/11/11! Hooray! I was hoping for a September date, but I made it this long... 
MargeAD
on 9/1/11 12:44 am - CA
Hi all! 

I too am scheduled for surgery in October.  Mine is for Oct. 17.  I am having a sleeve gastrectomy.  I just scheduled it 2 days ago.  I am scared, excited and anxious.   This has been a long haul to this point.  Glad to meet everyone!

Marge
Most Active
Recent Topics