3 1/2 Years Post-Op and Gaining -- HELP!!!

MichiganWLS
on 5/29/06 1:55 pm
I had open-RNY surgery in November, 2002. That makes me 3 1/2 years post-op! WOW, where has the time gone? I have found that I am able to eat more then I think I should be. I haven't been keeping myself accountable and it has shown. I have really let emotional eating take over for me in the last 8 months as several (and I mean several) stressful events have happened in my personal and family life. I eat when I'm anxious, sad, stressed, worried and even when I'm happy. It doesn't matter if I'm not "feeling" hungry, I find myself grazing. In fact, when I think about how I never reached my goal and how I've gained weight, it only makes me feel like I want to eat. And exercise? What's that? I haven't exercised since February. My original weight loss goal may have been a tad unrealistic, however I didn't maintain the awesome weight loss I achieved... I've gained about about 20 lbs. back of my original 140 lb. loss!!! And now instead of being 20 lbs. away from my original goal... I'm 40!!!! That is simply unacceptable. I need help! I've run out of ideas for meals. I can't eat fish, and I RARELY eat beef. In fact, today was the first time in a long time that I've had beef and I ended up getting nauseaus on it!!! I need ideas on a daily eating plan for someone who eats mostly eggs, chicken, turkey and cheese. If anyone has some sample, daily meal plans to go off to kick start my weight loss again, PLEASE HELP! I'm SO desperate at this point... I feel like a sinking ship! Heidi Open-RNY 11/8/2002 305/183/140
S T.
on 6/6/06 9:55 am
me too!!!!!!!!!!Is there any hope for us? Carla
musicmomkf
on 7/2/06 1:41 am - SAn Diego, CA
Heidi, Don't lose hope! The more depressed you get, the more you will eat! I, too, bounced up about `10 pounds and one pant size from the lowest I had gotten. I go to a suppport group that gave me an idea that seems to work. Go back to your protein shakes! Drink one whenever you feel like eating (not just at meals, but a snack too- whenever you reach for food, make a shake) It really seems to fill me up and "reminds" me of what my goal is! I use the "Jay Robb" egg white protein in chocolate and it tastes delicious even though it might not be the highest protein content. (I figure if I won't drink it, it doesn't matter how good it is for me, right? ) Another thing I really like is Dannon "light n fit" smoothies. The peach one has little bits of peach in it, so you get to chew a little as you drink. It tastes the best to me- the strawberry and other berry ones are OK if you like super sweet taste. They're just too sweet for me. They only have 70 calories and can fill you up for a couple of hours. And water! Don't forget your water! I also live on Minute Maid Light lemonade or Tropicana sugar free lemonade. They are the best! It's the only thing besides water that we can have (no sugar, no carbonation, no caffeine) and they come in 12 ounce cans so you can take them to parties, picnics, beach, etc and feel like a normal person. I hope this helps! Whatever you do, don't give up! You can do it! Do you have a support group you could attend? I find it helps, even to just make me feel accountable! Kathy
terri R.
on 7/7/06 12:50 pm - huntsville, AL
Of course there is hope. you still have the tool. Like me and alot of us on here we just have to remember how to use it don't ever give up the pouch wont let you down hugs terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 528 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1062 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 637 views