Hello fellow 11-2002 WLS folks

Karen J.
on 6/7/03 10:01 am - Taylors, SC
My name is Karen Jones, I had surgery on 11-13-02 I am down 108lbs. I went from a 5x scrubs and a tight 30-32 pants shirt to a xlarge-2x scrubs and I can wear an 18 jeans. YEPPPPPPPIE. I didn't know this board was here or I would have already posted on it. I made a chat group on AOL for 11-2002 people and noone responded. I also did a email list and that also stopped. Oh well. This is just as good. I have sent in a new pic of myself. I hope it is posted soon. Have a GREAT weekend all. Karen
Maureen W.
on 6/8/03 1:12 pm - Columbus, Oh
Hello Karen, Sounds like things are going good for you. I also had my surgery in November of last year. In my first 6 months I dropped 115 lbs. and for the past 3 weeks I have been yo-yoing with 3-4 lbs. I am getting really discouraged right now because I was hoping to lose more and I feel like I won't now. I tipped the scales at 400 lbs. going into surgery also wearing 5x scrubs to work (I still wear them, they just hang on me now). But I can walk into a NORMAL store and actually find something that fits. That is just wonderful. Hope to hear from you soon, maybe you can send me some tips. Maureen White
Donna B.
on 6/14/03 4:49 am - Wever, IA
Hi, My name is Donna Borst and I had my surgery on 11-8-02 in Moline Illinois (I'm from SE Iowa). It was good to hear from people with the same surgery time frame although I am a little depressed as you all have lost more than I have. I've only lost 90 pounds thus far and it's getting to the point where it's a real struggle. However, I've not been walking like I should and I've never been able to drink the water like we're supposed to. I have found that when I stick with protein I lose a lot faster so I'm making a renewed effort to keep up with that. I am down several sizes though and am even wearing shorts this summer! I haven't bought many new clothes cause I know I'll really need new ones in the fall and just don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I'll only be able to wear for a few months. My friends keep telling me I need to get out of my baggy clothes but they'll just have to wait! I just wanted to touch base and say hi! Donna
mom2akj
on 6/17/03 7:17 am - Jacksonville, FL
My surgery was 11/25/02 and I have lost 93 lbs as of last week. I have gone from a size 22/24 to 12 and FINALLY am under 200 lbs!!! (which was my first goal!!) Now I am chasing the 100 lb weight loss mark!! I feel wonderful. Joined Curves in March and have lost 27.5 inches since then!! Unbelievable!! Linda
Sharon F.
on 6/19/03 6:15 am - Katy, TX
Congrads Karen. I had my surgery on 11-06-03. Down 99lbs. 6lbs from goal. This is the best thing I could have done for myself. Started in a size 20-22 now in a 8-10. have a great day!
qkarinb
on 6/22/03 12:10 pm - Seattle, WA
i am currently at a weight loss "step". not dropping any weight nor any inches, that i can see but im still doing what im doing. i don****ch the scale very often but sometimes you can just tell and Karen, good going. nice to get into those smaller sizes, isnt it?
Thora F.
on 6/25/03 9:14 am - Phillips, Wi
Hi Karen...congrats on your awesome weight loss. My surgery was on Nov 20th and as of today I have lost 90#. I started at 262# and I am 5'4. I am so glad I have had wls.. It sure has made my life brand new. I started out in size 26 jeans and now can wear 14. What a change. Continue your impressive loss and enjoy your new you. Thora
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views