Saying hello to my fellow surgery-mates

stacyval
on 6/29/03 12:17 am - Newark, NJ
Hi everyone. My name is Stacy. I had surgery 11/11/02 and was glad to find this group and see the there are other people going through the same as me with the plateaus. At over 7 months out, I've lost 137 lbs. to date. I have got a LOOOONG way to go and I truly feel like this is going to be it for me. My starting weight was 452 lbs. and now at 315 lbs. I have been between 315 and 320 since the end of May. I saw my surgeon last week and he says not to worry, but he didn't go through what I went through. Anyway, I've read all of your ideas and I plan on increasing my exercise routine by 1/2 hr a day, and going from little carbs, to absolutely none at all, up my water another 20 oz./day and see if that helps.
Laura C.
on 6/29/03 2:14 am - Point Pleasant, NJ
DEAR STACY, HI! YOU ARE DOING GREAT & SHOULD BE VERY PROUD!!! MY SURGERY & BEGINNING OF MY NEW LIFE WAS 11-20-02 I WAS 380.1 AT 5'6 & HAVE LOST 108 LBS. REMEMBER, PROTEIN, PROTEIN & PROTEIN! WALK & VITAMINS, I ALSO DRINK 4 OZS. OF PEAR JUICE (GERBER BABY PEAR JUICE) EVERY DAY TO STAY REGULAR. WE ALL HAVE TO REMEMBER IT TOOK YEARS TO PUT ON THE WEIGHT SO WE MUST BE PATIENCE GETTING IT OFF. WE ARE ALL ON THE RIGHT TRACK. ALWAYS GOOD TO STICK WITH SUGARFREE, NO OR LOW FAT & LOW SODIUM. ALSO SMILE & LAUGH EVERYDAY, CONGRATULATIONS! GO GIRL! HUGS, LAURA
stwine
on 7/4/03 7:19 am - chespeake, VA
IM VERY PROUD OF YOU.. CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR LOST... KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED..
Louise G.
on 7/5/03 9:06 am - North Branch, Mi
Stacy, You are doing great. Everyone looses at their own pace. Never get discouraged. Be sure you are getting at least 60 grams of protein daily. At one point I was not getting it and my weight loss stopped. When I got back to doing the protein, the weight loss continued. Good Luck to you. Louise Gilman
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views