8 months and only at 50% loss :(

Carol S.
on 7/7/03 10:57 pm - Columbia, PA
I am just a little over my 8 month mark and have only lost ~ 50% of my excess weight. I started at 273 pounds at 5'2" and am just now under the 200 pound mark. I have only lost 5 pounds in the past two months. I am so tired all the time that excercise is not much of an option. Am I tired because I am lazy, or lazy because I am tired? I drink a gallon of water a day, and keep my carbs to a minimum. I just want to get to 150 before my window for loss is closed. At this rate I will never make it!! Any words of wisdom??
Gerry Y.
on 7/8/03 4:54 am - Annandale, VA
Hi Carol, Just a couple of thoughts for you. Have you had your lab work done recently? I was bone tired all the time and found out that I was pretty anemic. I am now taking iron three times a day and feeling much better. I was also freezing to death. Another quick indicator is to pull down your bottom eyelid. If it's pale white, chances are you may be anemic. This could be a serious health issue, so please get checked out. Now that I am feeling better, I am much more motivated to exercise and move around in general. I have probably lost about the same amount of weight as you. I've lost 78 pounds and 68 inches. I feel like I'm a very slow loser, but even so the weight loss overall results are astounding. Don't let yourself get too discouraged, and be sure to follow up on your lab work! Good luck and God Bless, Gerry
Debby R.
on 7/15/03 5:46 am - Hamburg, ny
I have lost 90 lbs since surgery but a total of 103 I was so happy to get approved I did not eat much before and lost 13 lbs. In feel like a slow looser and am tired a lot, my dr checked and my b12 and IRON were both low I have been on the new vitamins for 2 weeks and I think they are finally working to make me feel better.PLease go have your blood checked.we want to be HEALTHY>
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views