New to THIS board

Temeron
on 10/9/04 1:38 am - Post Falls, ID
Hey kids! I didn't even realize this surgery board was here! It is great to be able to talk to those who had surgery the same month as I did! I am not sure how many read the main board so I will give a condensed version of my story. Surgery 11/13/02 Open RNY had NO complications, breezed thru recovery and actually asked the Dr if I could go home the day after surgery! Of course he nixed that! I lost 13 pounds while in the hospital! I was so shocked when I got home and weighed myself, that IF I could have jumped up and down I would have! I did throw up 3 times (first 2 times I ate chicken, didnt' chew it enough, and once when I ate too much) all were MY fault. I have not had even ONE regret about this. My surgeon says my attitude is what carried me through and made my recovery so easy. I started at 293 the day of surgery and am now at 170. My goal was 160, and I have not given up on it yet. I admit I have slacked in the exercise dept but I am getting back into that as of this Monday (I am sick right now). I do believe I CAN lose those extra 10 pounds, and I am determined to do so. I started in a size 26 and am now in a 12, my cholesterol was 243, the last time I had it checked it was 160 and should now be about 140 I believe. I go in for my 2 year check up (has it been 2 years ALREADY?) on Nov 24th and am looking forward to seeing what my labs tell me. I have always had perfect labs, no problems whatsoever. Sorry for the ramble, I am just so glad to see people who are in my surgery "neighborhood" Good luck every one! Just remember NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN AND HEALTHY FEELS!!!
~ K D in WA
on 10/23/04 10:46 am - Eastern, WA
Hi, I just wanted to say that I had surgery on the same day as you did. Neat to meet you. ~KD in WA
Debby R.
on 10/26/04 7:54 am - Hamburg, ny
My story is sooooooooooo like your it is so amazing ,same date, lbs for lb almost to a tee great JOB!!!I feel like I also could lose 10 more but I feel so much better ,than I ever thought I would,God bless you, Debby
Amy Hoffman
on 10/26/04 10:04 am - Suffolk, VA
Hi Rose Mary,, I had surgery the day after you,, I also had open. I was in the ICU for 3 days afterwards,, not due to the surgery,, it was my heart,, I have a few heart problems,,, but thats another story,, other than that, all has been well with my surgery. I have been stuck fluctuating between 170-175 for awhile. I just had a triple incisional hernia repair and abdominal plasty done on Sept 23, o4. This has been tough,, Im still recouperating,, ordered by the surgeon to do absolutely nothing. He said one of my hernias you could fit a grape fruit through,, had to put a double layer of mesh in there. But anyway,, I was in the hospital for 10 days. I wasnt allowed to eat till I passed gas,, which was 5 days,,, then I had no appitite. I am now down to 153 pounds. They only cut off 8 pounds from me. Im really trying to watch what I eat,,(for the most part) I dont want to gain the weight back. Dont give up on your goal,,, I know now I want to try to get lower,, but if I dont, Im happy where I am,, I was happy at 170,, much healthier and living life. Good luck to you and to all of us.. Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 528 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1061 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 637 views