2 year anniversary today

Ms Jean
on 11/26/04 9:58 am - Mid, MI
Hello all, Thanks to surgery, my life is so different now. My daughter and I got up this morning at 6:00 a.m. and hit the mall for some pre-Christmas personal shopping. I bought several shirts in size medium and a new pair of boots (I may wrap them and put them under the tree so that I do not feel too selfish ) Two years ago today, I had surgery the day before thanksgiving and was walking the halls of BTC recovering. I started at 266 size 24-26 and am today at 164 size 10-12. I am at goal, but I honestly would like to lose about four more pounds so that when I have my "up" days, I will still be under 165--I know, call me crazy . I can eat pretty much anything, rarely dump and have to work hard at maintaining my weight. I do gain weight when I do not follow the rules--not get my water in, not get enough protein, eat too much sugar or not enough exercise--so NO!! It is still not easy. I lost the majority of my weight in the first year. It was a year of change and learning to love myself again (maybe a little bit too much at times ). Year 2 was also wonderful--a time spent convincing myself that my weight loss was not temporary (like in the pass) and that I could maintain my weight through diet and exercise--maintain my new lifestyle. That WLS is a tool, not an automatic fix--It takes work and dedication to maintain. What is life like today for me?? I exercise 3-4 days per week. I take a multivitamin and calcium citrate each day. I get a B-12 shot once per month. I get blood work done once every six months. I just started trying to get in one protein drink each day. I am in no way perfect yall, I struggle with old habits and my preference for sweets. I have just learned to pay for my sins as I go and not let them add up on me (into pounds). I have to say that this surgery is not for everyone. I rolled the dice/took my chance and I got the extreme best results possible, it doesn't happen that way for everyone. Anyone considering this surgery, please do your research, know what you are getting into and make your own decision, not based on someone elses success--with that in mind-- I wish you all the wonderful success that I have had in my WLS journey. Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 528 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1061 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 637 views