Disappointed in myself

CECILE C.
on 4/7/05 6:29 am - DRY PRONG, LA
I truelly hope there is someone out there that has had a child and/or children since RNY that can encourage me to not give up on my goal. I had RNY Nov. 2002 one reason was to look and feel better, the other was to get pregnant. I weighed 300# before surgery although my highest weight was approx. 320lbs. I am 5'5". Seven months post op I got pregnant. I was delighted. My lowest weight that I had gotten to since surgery was 193 then. I had a great pregnancy with no complications and only gained about 10lbs but after having the baby I thought those pounds would disappear since the baby weighed 8lbs 6 oz. but it didn't. My son will the 1 year old on the 19th of this month and my weight is 212. I have tried and am just very disappointed in myself that I have not even come close to reaching my goal weight (150lbs) and now I just found out that I am pregnant again. I am really excited but just disappointed that I may never come close to being thin. It's weird that while I was pregnant I couldn't hardly eat anything at all but as soon as the baby was born I was soooo hungry and I did eat, and it seems I have been eating ever since. Is there any such thing as having this surgery twice? Even though I still don't eat near what I ate before surgery, I am eating a good bit more than I was able to eat several months after surgery. I am scared that I have stretched my stomach back out and that I will never see 150lbs. Is there anyone out there that has had simular experiance, I mean having kids after RNY. I would do this surgery all over again in a heart beat and am extremely glad that I am no longer 300lbs but I'm scared I will get there again. P.S. the 150 is the high end of the suggested weight range for my height. I think the range was 135 to 150.
JLP9805
on 11/8/05 10:20 am - MI
Hi Cecile... I too have had a baby since RNY. I just had her in Aug. I had surgery in Nov 2002 and was 387 the day of surgery. I have lost 140 lbs and still want to lost about 70-80 more. I am having a hard time since giving birth to my daughter. How are you doing? Jen P
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 528 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1061 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 637 views