Looking for encouragement

CECILE C.
on 4/11/05 1:53 am - DRY PRONG, LA
I just found this page and am so glad to have found it. This may sound familier as I replied to Ashley's posting and told her my story prior do doing my own. I decided to post my own because I could really use some input. I had RNY Nov. 2002 one reason was to look and feel better, the other was to get pregnant. I weighed 290lbs before surgery although my highest weight was approx. 320lbs. I am 5'5". Seven months post op I got pregnant. I was delighted. My lowest weight that I had gotten to since surgery was 193 then. I had a great pregnancy with no complications and only gained about 10lbs but after having the baby I thought those pounds would disappear since the baby weighed 8lbs 6 oz. but it didn't. My son will the 1 year old on the 19th of this month and my weight is 215. I have tried and am just very disappointed in myself that I have not even come close to reaching my goal weight (150lbs) and now I just found out that I am pregnant again. I am really excited but just disappointed that I may never come close to being thin. It's weird that while I was pregnant I couldn't hardly eat anything at all but as soon as the baby was born I was soooo hungry and I did eat, and it seems I have been eating ever since. Is there any such thing as having this surgery twice? Even though I still don't eat near what I ate before surgery, I am eating a good bit more than I was able to eat several months after surgery. I am scared that I have stretched my stomach back out and that I will never see 150lbs. Is there anyone out there that has had simular experiance, I mean having kids after RNY. I would do this surgery all over again in a heart beat and am extremely glad that I am no longer 300lbs but I'm scared I will get there again. P.S. the 150 is the high end of the suggested weight range for my height. I think the range was 135 to 150. Please Please don't misunderstand me, I am so happy about being pregnant (hoping for a girl, so I can call it quits) but I am just afraid that I will never lose the excess weight. Please give me some input. Cecile RNY 11-25-2002
CECILE C.
on 4/11/05 2:00 am - DRY PRONG, LA
Sorry. I was trying to copy my post and paste it on the pregnancy forum that I found and now it won't let me delete this one.
jschindler
on 4/9/08 2:18 am - West Carrollton, OH
You know what, I have said this over and over and need to listen to myself also. First congradulations!!!! I also had surgery Nov of 2002. 5 1/2 years later I am 22 lbs heavier. They say most gain about that but I don't want it. We all know the truth. Protein, green veggies, lite yogurt. NOT starches or sugar. Remember what and how much we ate in the beginning???? Do it again!!!!! Use the tool you were given it works!!!!! Over the summer I stuck to the above items and dropped the lbs like crazy!! We just have to remember its a tool and if we use it correctly it works!!!! Start today!!!! You are beautiful and want to wear those loose clothes again!!!!! Good Luck!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 528 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1061 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 637 views