29 months post op w pic

Ms Jean
on 4/17/05 6:00 am - Mid, MI
Hey everybody!! Life is good at 29 months (two years, 5 months) post op. I can't believe that it has been that long since my surgery. I thought I would drop in today to say hello and hope that I find everyone doing well. I do not post much on the Michigan board, mostly lurk, but I still cheer for all of your successes. For those of you just starting or new to WLS, I thought I would answer the question "what can life be like three years after WLS?" I have finally settled in and feel comfortable with the new me and my lost pounds. I actually believe that I can keep the weight off for good and that this is not just a temporary phase. When I walk by a mirror now, I expect and am not surprised to see the "thin" me (don't laugh, it took me two years). There are times when my weight fluctuates between 5-7 lbs but I am able to tighten up and pull things back into perspective quite quickly. I still exercise 3-4 times per week, but I do not have time for the really long workouts until weekends, but I am desperately trying to find the time. I do not plan to have any plastic surgery done--may consider a breast job down the line--deflation is a terrible thing. People rarely remember now that I was obese--it is strange, they rarely comment on my weight anymore. I honestly think that my biggest motivator to stay on course is my wardrobe. I love all of the pantsuits and beautiful clothing that I have acquired since losing weight (yes, I love shopping). When I put on something and it is a little tight--I panic and have instant motivation to hit the gym and protein. Those "friends" who had a problem with my weight loss are no longer friends--I have made lots of new friends. My husband finally settled down and realized that I am happy at home and I'm not going anywhere--all of the changes really unsettled him and made him insecure--he is much more attentive and doesn't take things for granted anymore--he is on this toes and very romantic. I have returned to graduate school so life is really busy right now with school on top of a challenging job. I still take my vitamins daily, get a B-12 shot once a month and follow "most" of the pouch rules, still respect the waiting one hour to drink after eating rule. Every blue moon something will disagree with my stomach and I will react (some form of dumping). Restaurants are still a challenge--but I have gotten pretty good at ordering a little and then "sampling" off of my friends and family's plates. Large amounts of foods like buffets just overwhelm me. I have attached a picture--taken today--to the bottom of my profile--just a little "proof" that my world is real and not fantasy I didn't mean to get so long with this post, but I hope that it helps. WLS was the best decision for me. Good luck with all. Jean
Carol V.
on 5/3/05 2:44 am - Washington, IA
Wow, LOOK AT YOU!! You are BEAUTIFUL, you were even before WLS, but look at you now!! GOOD FOR YOU, you are living life to the fullest and enjoying all the hard work you have put forth. Way to go and my best to you and yours! Love all the positive changes in my life too, and shopping...well, GOTTA LOVE IT NOW!! I also have a 5 pound fluctuation range and still take all my vitamins and shakes. I have had plastics and they have made a huge difference in my body. Thanks for sharing your update. Carol V.
Ms Jean
on 11/25/05 8:56 pm - Mid, MI
Wow, look at you!!!! you look so much younger than you before picture!! & your plastics surgery really shows great results. Congratulations and keep up the good work. Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 528 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1061 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 637 views