I'm so upset~Aetna wants a SLEEP TEST! HUH??

Shelley Rae B.
on 10/2/04 4:33 pm - Long Beach, CA
My stupid insurance company won't approve me until I have a sleep apnea test, which means I have to go into the hospital on Monday for an overnight test. I can't believe this. I am exactly 100 pounds overweight, 41 years old. I am really disappointed and frustrated. I have a surgery date for November 1 too. They better not DENY ME! Anyone else have this problem?
Suzan H.
on 10/3/04 2:13 pm - Tri-Cities, TN
Shelly I had a sleep study. It is no big deal and my results were back 1 week to the day. The surgeon I was going to use required one. The one I am using doesn't. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea so that just helped me get approval It does seem strange that u have a surgery date prior to approval. Good Luck SuZan
lunamom
on 10/4/04 1:46 pm - Mechanicsburg, PA
By now you will be having the test. I felt like an alien with all the wires, etc. and didn't sleep very well in addition to the sleep apnea which I have. It just made the case all the better for me. Doesn't mean they will deny you, but am willing to bet you have some form of sleep apnea anyway. Hope it went well for you.
sspev
on 10/4/04 2:17 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
I agree that it is strange. In my process I had to have the approval from Aetna before I could schedule the surgery. Approval was received last week, and it didn't take that long, because the initial letter was sent to Aetna 9/17/04. They told the hospital insurance coordinator that they needed a bit more documentation, which she submitted. Then the Aetna nurse assigned to my case reviewed my packet, and two days later the insurance coordinator called me to say I had been approved! So then the surgeon's office called to schedule my surgery -- I wanted early November, and my date is 11/2/04. Good luck to you -- I'll keep you in my prayers. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views