I got the date but the insurance is hassling me

Sunshyne916
on 10/11/04 9:59 am - Brooklyn, NY
I was sooo incredibly happy I got all my clearances and got my date but now Americhoice is giving me a hard time about my diet history, I am not financially able to go on the well known diets such as jenny craig, i simply changed my eating/exercise habits according to my doctor's instructions, she's going to go thru my records and see what info she can give them. But a denial looks like it is in my future, they want me to go into a program THEY have set up for diabetics. I am tempted to disenroll from Americhoice and use plain Medicaid, I can have regular Medicaid being on SSI, I don't know what to do, does anyone have some advice? Anyone have any dealings with Americhoice? Is medicaid easier to get approval from?
donnap
on 10/12/04 1:24 am - Collinsville, VA
Sorry I don't have any advice for you. Just wanted to give you a HUG.
Fatfree102604
on 10/13/04 5:47 am - HAWLEY, PA
Hi, I don't know about medicaide, but I know medicare covers the surgery. Are you disabled, on SSI? If so you should have medicare and not medicaide. And medicare will pay for it. A lot of surgeons don't want to take medicare patients because medicare pays a much lower amount to them. But thank God my Surgeon accepts Medicare...Praise the Lord! Good Luck in your insurance dilema's and your journey!
Tomeka J.
on 10/14/04 11:32 am - Detroit, MI
Switch insurance during open enrollment or, do the friggin diet especially if it's only six months by the time you get ready to fight 6 mos will be here and gone. If it's a year then, still do the diet and try medicaid at the same time, to see which is moving faster. Self pay is expensive, as you may already know.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 811 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views