Those dang CARBS....

fishtayl
on 10/10/05 12:25 am - Bealeton, VA
Any of you November people having trouble with carb cravings? This past week I have given in to carbs, about 3-4 small servings a day. And the more I eat them the more I want. Anyone else having this trouble? It has cost me 3 pounds and as of today I am chilling out on eating them!!!
Tina F.
on 10/10/05 11:02 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hey Ginny I try t keep carbs, if any in the am. At least i'm satisfied and my body has time to burn them off. Just a thought. Tina
fishtayl
on 10/10/05 10:40 pm - Bealeton, VA
TINA...I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. Thanks for the tip.
TeresaP
on 10/11/05 1:47 am - Elkhart, IN
I have been having cravings for them too, and so I have taken to eating some...unfortunately it was as snacking, not as a meal. It just hit me yesterday what I was doing, and I got upset. I mean, here I have had this surgery, I have done so good, but was starting to revert back to some of my old eating habits, as far as the snacking on carbs thing went. So, I am changing it as of today. Yesterday I got pretty down on myself. Today is a new day!! I am going to make sure I am eating protein and veggies, and drinking plenty of water. I also had cut down on the amount of water I was drinking per day. I got on the scales this morning, and noticed I haven't lost ANY in about 2 weeks!!! That is eye opening!! PROTEIN HERE I COME!! We can do this!!!
mrs.3m
on 10/11/05 8:03 am - Mesa, AZ
I do try and limit them but the days I really crave them I also try to limit them to the morning hours and get a little more walking in before the end of the day. I also up my water intake of those days. Not sure if it helps, but in my head it does. But then again I have been on a stall for like 3 months. I am losing inches but no real pounds. Just gaining and losing the same 3 pounds over and over again.....
Erica Allen
on 10/12/05 6:40 am - Chattanooga, TN
Am I EVER in the same boat!! The carbs are addicting, which I have known forever, but they lure you in. I was baking cookies with my 3 year old as an activity. Well, who should you think was going to eat them? LOL I had to make 3 batches because I was trying to mail them out to family, but the first 2 never made it to the mailbox!! Oh well. It's a new day and a whole lot easier to get back on the bandwagon now than 120lbs ago. My goal is soooo close and it's almost like I have gotten ****y and don't feel I have to do anything to finish up to get to goal. Thankfully, scales don't lie and I'm back to focusing on the protein and water and trying to do my best to reduce the carbs. Good luck to you!! We'll all be fine with each other's support!! Erica 258/141/130ish
mcgreen
on 11/4/05 2:08 am - Honey Brook, PA
Today is my 1 yr re-birthday. I weighed myself last Friday and I was 156. I had been stuck at that weight for 3 months. I've been snacking on Teddygrahams in the evenings and liking them a little too much. Well, starting Saturday I cut my carbs down to 11g per meal or less and have stuck to it. As of today I've lost 6lbs and am down to 150. The carbs really just kill me. I'm going to slowly add back fruit and small amounts of carbs but no more teddygrahams for me! Good luck everyone! Deb
joellensf
on 10/24/05 11:16 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Carbs...particularly white carbs (white flour, rice, potatoes) are poison for us and should be avoided totally. A couple reasons for this...first of all they are water soluable and don't trigger the "full" feeling that dense proteins do so we can eat lots of them. Second and most important, they are high glycemic foods and spike our blood sugar. This gives us a rush but the blood sugar drops quickly and makes us hungry quicker. That's the reason for the "eat more want more" phenomenon. I have a problem with carbs as well, but its easier to manage if I just stay away altogether. A little whole grain carbs (oatmeal, whole grain bread) early in the a.m. fills me up. But I actually get far less hungry if I just stay away completely. Good luck! Jo
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 815 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1028 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 858 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1167 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 974 views