hernia and tummy tuck

Jan S.
on 10/21/05 7:23 am - Boston, MA
I just discovered an abdominal hernia which will need to be repaired and I wondered if I could do a tummy tuck at the same time. Even if I have to pay for the plastic part, wouldn't most of the hospital cost be covered because the hernia is medically necessary? I'm almost a year out and lost 80 lb. I'm having some pain w/ the hernia and so may have to get it repaired sooner rather than later. thanks Jan
Erica Allen
on 10/21/05 11:24 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Jan, I am certain I have read on OH about people going in for a hernia repair and adding the tummy tuck in while they were in there. But you might want to check out the Plastic Surgery forum to find out the details on what insurance covered for others. Good luck! Sorry to hear about the hernia, but a tummy tuck sounds great!! Erica
Sphinxy
on 10/22/05 4:34 am - Redlands, CA
I talked to my doc and my surgeon about this and they both suggested to do both at the same time - the surgery would be the abdominal hernia repair... and while you are open on the table they can do the TT at the same time - it should cut your costs considerably and don't be afraid to shop around -- get costs up front. B
preciousm
on 10/25/05 11:04 am - Warsaw, IN
Jan, What does your hernia feel like. I think I might also have a hernia my stomach is pointy and I notice a hard area by my belly button. I'm going to my family Dr. on thursday. Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 815 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1028 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 858 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1167 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 974 views