Question of the Week

mrs.3m
on 10/24/05 3:10 am - Mesa, AZ
I thought I would start a new thing here. To try and keep the board fun and moving. What is one thing that has happened to you since surgery that you didn't expect? (either good or bad)
mrs.3m
on 10/24/05 3:15 am - Mesa, AZ
I wasn't expecting to see my bones to be so prominent. When laying down, my hips just pop right out. And I love the look of my collerbones just showing through. But it did make me realize that I am a "big boned" girl. Even with the weight going away, my bone structure will only allow me to be a size 10 or 12.
Debi D.
on 10/24/05 10:54 am - Blue Grass, IA
The first thing that I noticed that I thought was quite funny...my necklaces got longer LOL!!! I would never wear a watch, although I didn't have really huge wrists, I just did not like the way a watch looked on ME, now I am LOST without my watch LOL Oh and the obvious...although I always looked nice when we went somewhere, I HATED to shop for clothes, now I LOVE shopping for clothes...trying with no successs right now to find a dress, or ourfit for my nephews wedding on November 5th, in PA. Will be the first time that they have seen me since losing weight! Debi 279/162/150ish??
Amanda
on 10/25/05 5:15 am - Kearney, NE
I didn't expect so much attention! Sometimes it is nice, but sometimes it is overwhelming!!! Also, the attention from men is something that I could definately live without!!!! I was at a party the other night and everyone was going on and on and on about how great I look and so on and it got a little embarassing!! But I would not trade that for all of the quiet stares and whispers that I was sure I was getting when I weighed 275!!!
Karry
on 10/25/05 5:33 am - Argyle, NY
I guess the best good thing is that I am healthier than I ever thought I would be. To be able play with my 2 boys and not be out of breath. To be able to get on the floor with them and not look like I'm killing myself getting up. (We all have been there!!) I guess that's the best thing. Just being healthier that I could ever have expected. As far as the best bad thing, I guess that would be the negativity from people. When someone asks me how I lost all my weight, I tell them with pride I had surgery. They then look at me and have this look on their face and just say "Oh, I see." With the attitude like it's the easy way out. (If they only knew!!) Then there's the people *****mark on how wonderful I look and how much better I would look if I had my arms done or had my legs done. That annoys me!!!! I look in the mirror and yes there is excess skin, BUT there is no longer fat under it. I am proud of my accomplishments as should we all. I guess I will just chalk it up to plain old jealousy!! Sounds good to me!!!!! Thanks for the great post. Keep it going! We need to keep the Nov. site active!! Take care. Karry 311/167 and still going!!!!
preciousm
on 10/25/05 11:00 am - Warsaw, IN
I was taking a shower one day and I notice a hard area on my side, got very concerned until I realized it was my ribs. I've never felt my ribs before, it was wonderful. And Also I walk 2 miles 5 times a week before surgery I was lucky to walk to the mail box. Thank God for my surgery. Kay
Andrea P
on 10/25/05 9:50 pm - Montgomery, NY
The biggest thing that I didnt expect was running. I had problems prior to surgery with impact so I didnt think I would ever be able to do any impact exercise - and here I am running!! Plus an added benefit is that my kids have started running too, and are developing a healthier lifestyle at their young ages - I couldnt ask for anything more! God bless you and keep you, ~Andrea 223/120
Denise
on 10/26/05 7:34 am - Harrisburg, PA
I think the best thing that has happened to me is exercising. I just love playing racquetball (always have enjoyed it) but couldn't play when I was heavy. Now, I'm back into it and playing at least once, if not twice, a week. I also hated shopping when I was heavier because the clothes were dumpy and out of style. I enjoy shopping now! Thanks for starting the post...it's great! Denise 326/185/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 815 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1028 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 858 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1167 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 974 views